Property prices falling faster in St Albans than anywhere else in Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
St Albans property prices have fallen by 3.7 per cent over the last year – the biggest drop of any local authority area in Herts.
It’s the opposite story in Stevenage, according to the latest UK House Price Index, with an increase in prices between November 2017 and November 2018 of 3.3 per cent.
The average property price in St Albans is now £508,663 compared to £295,337 in Stevenage, making these the most and least affordable parts of Herts.
The average UK property price currently stands at £230,630.
Flats were the type of property most affected across Herts, with St Albans again experiencing the biggest fall in prices (5.9 per cent) while Stevenage showed the biggest increase at a slim 0.9 per cent.
You may also want to watch:
It’s a more positive picture for detached houses, with highs of 4.4 per cent growth in Stevenage and lows of -2.9 per cent in St Albans.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 7 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently