Property prices falling faster in St Albans than anywhere else in Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
St Albans property prices have fallen by 3.7 per cent over the last year – the biggest drop of any local authority area in Herts.
It’s the opposite story in Stevenage, according to the latest UK House Price Index, with an increase in prices between November 2017 and November 2018 of 3.3 per cent.
The average property price in St Albans is now £508,663 compared to £295,337 in Stevenage, making these the most and least affordable parts of Herts.
The average UK property price currently stands at £230,630.
Flats were the type of property most affected across Herts, with St Albans again experiencing the biggest fall in prices (5.9 per cent) while Stevenage showed the biggest increase at a slim 0.9 per cent.
You may also want to watch:
It’s a more positive picture for detached houses, with highs of 4.4 per cent growth in Stevenage and lows of -2.9 per cent in St Albans.
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 3 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 6 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 9 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 10 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind