Property prices falling faster in St Albans than anywhere else in Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
St Albans property prices have fallen by 3.7 per cent over the last year – the biggest drop of any local authority area in Herts.
It’s the opposite story in Stevenage, according to the latest UK House Price Index, with an increase in prices between November 2017 and November 2018 of 3.3 per cent.
The average property price in St Albans is now £508,663 compared to £295,337 in Stevenage, making these the most and least affordable parts of Herts.
The average UK property price currently stands at £230,630.
Flats were the type of property most affected across Herts, with St Albans again experiencing the biggest fall in prices (5.9 per cent) while Stevenage showed the biggest increase at a slim 0.9 per cent.
You may also want to watch:
It’s a more positive picture for detached houses, with highs of 4.4 per cent growth in Stevenage and lows of -2.9 per cent in St Albans.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 7 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 10 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park