Private bus service connects St Albans retirees to city centre
- Credit: Archant
Residents at a retirement living development in St Albans are enjoying the benefits of a handy new bus service.
The private service takes the retirees from Eleanor House on London Road to the town centre and beyond.
To mark the first service hitting the road, developer McCarthy & Stone arranged for residents to enjoy a celebratory lunch at a St Albans restaurant.
Tracey Muponda, estates manager at Eleanor House, said: “The new service has been very well received and we felt it was only fitting to ensure the very first trip was something particularly special.
“Homeowners are looking forward to their travels together across the town and they have already been making plans for future trips.”
You may also want to watch:
Eleanor House is a selection of one and two-bedroom retirement living apartments for those aged 70-plus.
Facilities include a club lounge, landscaped gardens, 24-hour emergency call points and a guest suite which is available to visiting family and friends.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
Estates manager Tracey takes care of the day-to-day running of the development, and a security entrance system provides added peace of mind.
One-bed apartments at Eleanor House currently start from £299,950, while two-beds start from £499,950.