Private bus service connects St Albans retirees to city centre
- Credit: Archant
Residents at a retirement living development in St Albans are enjoying the benefits of a handy new bus service.
The private service takes the retirees from Eleanor House on London Road to the town centre and beyond.
To mark the first service hitting the road, developer McCarthy & Stone arranged for residents to enjoy a celebratory lunch at a St Albans restaurant.
Tracey Muponda, estates manager at Eleanor House, said: “The new service has been very well received and we felt it was only fitting to ensure the very first trip was something particularly special.
“Homeowners are looking forward to their travels together across the town and they have already been making plans for future trips.”
You may also want to watch:
Eleanor House is a selection of one and two-bedroom retirement living apartments for those aged 70-plus.
Facilities include a club lounge, landscaped gardens, 24-hour emergency call points and a guest suite which is available to visiting family and friends.
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Estates manager Tracey takes care of the day-to-day running of the development, and a security entrance system provides added peace of mind.
One-bed apartments at Eleanor House currently start from £299,950, while two-beds start from £499,950.