Private bus service connects St Albans retirees to city centre
- Credit: Archant
Residents at a retirement living development in St Albans are enjoying the benefits of a handy new bus service.
The private service takes the retirees from Eleanor House on London Road to the town centre and beyond.
To mark the first service hitting the road, developer McCarthy & Stone arranged for residents to enjoy a celebratory lunch at a St Albans restaurant.
Tracey Muponda, estates manager at Eleanor House, said: “The new service has been very well received and we felt it was only fitting to ensure the very first trip was something particularly special.
“Homeowners are looking forward to their travels together across the town and they have already been making plans for future trips.”
Eleanor House is a selection of one and two-bedroom retirement living apartments for those aged 70-plus.
Facilities include a club lounge, landscaped gardens, 24-hour emergency call points and a guest suite which is available to visiting family and friends.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 4 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 5 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 6 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 7 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 8 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 9 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 10 St Albans Striders shine as Midweek Road Race League makes welcome return
Estates manager Tracey takes care of the day-to-day running of the development, and a security entrance system provides added peace of mind.
One-bed apartments at Eleanor House currently start from £299,950, while two-beds start from £499,950.