Private bus service connects St Albans retirees to city centre
- Credit: Archant
Residents at a retirement living development in St Albans are enjoying the benefits of a handy new bus service.
The private service takes the retirees from Eleanor House on London Road to the town centre and beyond.
To mark the first service hitting the road, developer McCarthy & Stone arranged for residents to enjoy a celebratory lunch at a St Albans restaurant.
Tracey Muponda, estates manager at Eleanor House, said: “The new service has been very well received and we felt it was only fitting to ensure the very first trip was something particularly special.
“Homeowners are looking forward to their travels together across the town and they have already been making plans for future trips.”
You may also want to watch:
Eleanor House is a selection of one and two-bedroom retirement living apartments for those aged 70-plus.
Facilities include a club lounge, landscaped gardens, 24-hour emergency call points and a guest suite which is available to visiting family and friends.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 5 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 6 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 7 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
- 8 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 9 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
Estates manager Tracey takes care of the day-to-day running of the development, and a security entrance system provides added peace of mind.
One-bed apartments at Eleanor House currently start from £299,950, while two-beds start from £499,950.