Private bus service connects St Albans retirees to city centre
- Credit: Archant
Residents at a retirement living development in St Albans are enjoying the benefits of a handy new bus service.
The private service takes the retirees from Eleanor House on London Road to the town centre and beyond.
To mark the first service hitting the road, developer McCarthy & Stone arranged for residents to enjoy a celebratory lunch at a St Albans restaurant.
Tracey Muponda, estates manager at Eleanor House, said: “The new service has been very well received and we felt it was only fitting to ensure the very first trip was something particularly special.
“Homeowners are looking forward to their travels together across the town and they have already been making plans for future trips.”
You may also want to watch:
Eleanor House is a selection of one and two-bedroom retirement living apartments for those aged 70-plus.
Facilities include a club lounge, landscaped gardens, 24-hour emergency call points and a guest suite which is available to visiting family and friends.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 5 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 6 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 7 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 8 Footballers rally round with food drive amid pandemic
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 Raise a glass to the local brewers facing up to the challenges of lockdown
Estates manager Tracey takes care of the day-to-day running of the development, and a security entrance system provides added peace of mind.
One-bed apartments at Eleanor House currently start from £299,950, while two-beds start from £499,950.