Photo of what you love about where you live could win £250
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Do you love where you live? Even if the answer’s no, it might be worth pretending otherwise for a chance of winning £250.
National estate agency chain Leaders is urging people to capture what they like most about their local area on camera and enter it into their Love Living In photo competition.
This is the competition’s third outing, but its first as a photo contest – video has been requested in the last two years.
Allison Thompson, managing director at Leaders, says: “Love Living In 2017 couldn’t be simpler. We want to see exactly why people love living where they do in a single photograph.
“We understand every town, city, coastline and piece of countryside is different, so we have created eight exciting categories in which photos will be judged.
You may also want to watch:
“Whether you live in a concrete jungle or an isolated rural spot, you will be able to take a photo that could win in at least one of our categories.”
Leaders will award £250 to the winners of each category. The categories are:
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
• Urban Energy
• Natural Beauty
• People’s Choice
• Best of Spring
• Family Fun
• Young Photographer
• Cherished Landmarks
• Hidden Gems
The Young Photographer category is open to under 16s, while the People’s Choice winner will be decided by an online vote and the number of Facebook likes each photo receives. All other winners will be selected by a panel of judges.
The 2015 People’s Choice winner was Joe Medforth from St Albans… so no pressure, people of Herts!
To enter, send your photo (at least 1MB in size) to email@example.com along with your name, age and location. The closing date for entries is May 2.
Visit www.lovelivingin.co.uk for more information.