Photo of what you love about where you live could win £250
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Do you love where you live? Even if the answer’s no, it might be worth pretending otherwise for a chance of winning £250.
National estate agency chain Leaders is urging people to capture what they like most about their local area on camera and enter it into their Love Living In photo competition.
This is the competition’s third outing, but its first as a photo contest – video has been requested in the last two years.
Allison Thompson, managing director at Leaders, says: “Love Living In 2017 couldn’t be simpler. We want to see exactly why people love living where they do in a single photograph.
“We understand every town, city, coastline and piece of countryside is different, so we have created eight exciting categories in which photos will be judged.
You may also want to watch:
“Whether you live in a concrete jungle or an isolated rural spot, you will be able to take a photo that could win in at least one of our categories.”
Leaders will award £250 to the winners of each category. The categories are:
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
• Urban Energy
• Natural Beauty
• People’s Choice
• Best of Spring
• Family Fun
• Young Photographer
• Cherished Landmarks
• Hidden Gems
The Young Photographer category is open to under 16s, while the People’s Choice winner will be decided by an online vote and the number of Facebook likes each photo receives. All other winners will be selected by a panel of judges.
The 2015 People’s Choice winner was Joe Medforth from St Albans… so no pressure, people of Herts!
To enter, send your photo (at least 1MB in size) to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name, age and location. The closing date for entries is May 2.
Visit www.lovelivingin.co.uk for more information.