Photo of what you love about where you live could win £250
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Do you love where you live? Even if the answer’s no, it might be worth pretending otherwise for a chance of winning £250.
National estate agency chain Leaders is urging people to capture what they like most about their local area on camera and enter it into their Love Living In photo competition.
This is the competition’s third outing, but its first as a photo contest – video has been requested in the last two years.
Allison Thompson, managing director at Leaders, says: “Love Living In 2017 couldn’t be simpler. We want to see exactly why people love living where they do in a single photograph.
“We understand every town, city, coastline and piece of countryside is different, so we have created eight exciting categories in which photos will be judged.
“Whether you live in a concrete jungle or an isolated rural spot, you will be able to take a photo that could win in at least one of our categories.”
Leaders will award £250 to the winners of each category. The categories are:
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 8 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 9 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 10 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
• Urban Energy
• Natural Beauty
• People’s Choice
• Best of Spring
• Family Fun
• Young Photographer
• Cherished Landmarks
• Hidden Gems
The Young Photographer category is open to under 16s, while the People’s Choice winner will be decided by an online vote and the number of Facebook likes each photo receives. All other winners will be selected by a panel of judges.
The 2015 People’s Choice winner was Joe Medforth from St Albans… so no pressure, people of Herts!
To enter, send your photo (at least 1MB in size) to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name, age and location. The closing date for entries is May 2.
Visit www.lovelivingin.co.uk for more information.