Overlooking The Wick, sits home of the week, The Long House
- Credit: Archant
A brand new detached home with a range of unique features, offering versatile accommodation set in this sought after location.
Sandpit Lane, St. Albans
Guide price £1,350,000
Standing back from the main road in a quiet woodland setting, The Long House is an impressive new build property constructed using modern materials and finished to an exacting standard rarely seen.
Designed to optimize the feeling of light and space, this one-off bespoke design offers a versatile and unique home. Furthermore, this house has been built in a prime catchment area for a variety of the very highest performing secondary schools in St Albans.
You may also want to watch:
On entering the property the light and airy entrance hall offers a double height ceiling and wide staircase with oak capping detail and grey stone laid to the floor. There are large coat cupboards, under-stairs storage areas and a modern downstairs cloakroom which is sleek and spacious.
The ground floor also provides generous reception space with the sitting room opening onto the secluded rear garden. This impressive room complete with large skylights and contemporary sliding window-doors open onto a decking area and stunning views over The Wick. The second reception room would also make a wonderful cinema room.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 8 Green light given to new hospital project
- 9 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
The kitchen/breakfast room, with painted shaker-style cupboards offer a central island unit, wood and stone work surfaces and high quality appliances, including an extra width gas hob, twin ovens and a feature steel fridge/freezer. Modern window-doors lead out onto a south-facing granite terrace making this an ideal space for family living.
To the first floor there are four stunning bedrooms, three of which have the addition of a mezzanine level. The master bedroom benefits from a luxury ensuite bathroom with twin wash basins and the family bathroom has a separate shower cubicle and large bath.
Situated on one of St Albans prime residential roads, the property is situated approximately one mile from the historic city centre and the mainline railway station.
This innovative, sleek and eye-catching house is a pleasure to behold and screams contemporary living.
Ashtons | 01707 331100 | ashtons.co.uk