Open House Days in St Albans and Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Martin Gibbins, Associate Partner at Strutt & Parker’s Harpenden office gives his guide to what an Open House Day is and why you should consider getting involved.
Homebuyers today are living increasingly busy lives, often fitting in house viewings amongst demanding weekend schedules. We know that 90 percent of searches start online, but nothing replaces the value of seeing a property for real. National estate agency Strutt & Parker offers the ultimate solution for buyers; an Open House Day for all their properties, allowing you to view multiple homes on the same day and at the same time, between 11am and 3pm.
From looking online, to viewing a property in the flesh and to making an offer, open house days are a smooth and modern approach that aim to make the process easier and more accessible for homebuyers. The ability to view a home without commitment is the secret to its enduring success.
Martin answers the questions:
What is Open House Day?
You may also want to watch:
‘It’s a day when we throw open the doors of all our houses taking part, so that prospective buyers who register with us have the chance to view as many properties as they wish, without the need to make appointments. We run Open House Days twice a year, in the spring and autumn.’
How does it help buyers?
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 St Albans' COVID cases continue to decline as UK surpasses "grim" milestone
- 3 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 4 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 5 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 6 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 7 The Snow Must Go On: More pics of St Albans in the snow
- 8 Claw enforcement: How to stop your cat scratching furniture and leaving fur everywhere
- 9 Bishop wages war on sports gambling
- 10 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
‘Buyers like it because of the freedom and flexibility it offers. The timesaving process of seeing a greater number of houses in one go is a huge advantage in this competitive market. The difference means that properties remain fresh in peoples’ minds on the next viewing, putting buyers in a better position to make choices. We’ve had some incredible stories of people just being curious about a house, not seriously considering buying, but then making an offer after viewing it on Open House Day.’
How effective is Open House Day?
‘We had more than 600 properties take part in our last event, with one in six receiving offers on the day, to a value of more than £80 million. It has been our most successful event so far in matching buyers to the property that’s right for them, and we only see it getting better.’
What do you have to do to get involved?
‘You can register to take part with your local Strutt & Parker office. Once you’ve provided your details, you’ll receive a registration card. You can then view as many houses on the day as you wish.’
For more details, visit struttandparker.com/openday