One of a kind: Inside St Albans’ most prestigious new build property, 53 The Park
- Credit: Archant
Imagine exiting your home’s underground garage via a basement car lift, as the Thunderbirds theme tune announces your appearance on your driveway.
It’s the sort of thing you’d expect to see in Kensington or Chelsea, not here in suburban Hertfordshire - even on a sought after road like The Park.
But this £6m property does things very differently, and behind its modest façade is a deluxe dream home, bursting with the very latest in high-end technology.
It’s hard to pick just one stand out feature of this 9921 sq ft property, from the double-height entrance lobby to the dumbwaiter to the £8,000 bathtub.
Comparisons have been drawn to a five-star hotel. The master bedroom comes complete with his and hers en-suites and walk in dressing rooms. Each of the other six bedrooms, which are arranged over the top two floors of the house, has its own en-suite, finished to an impeccable standard with under-floor heating throughout.
You may also want to watch:
The stunning kitchen/breakfast room has bespoke wall, base and centre island units with Quartz and wood work surfaces, integrated Miele and Siemens appliances and a Quooker tap. It’s finished with the ‘Rolls Royce of unit handles’, made by Armac Martin.
The kitchen opens out via bi-fold doors onto the spacious garden – which is also packed with special features. As well as the standard lawn and patio areas, there’s an outdoor sauna, a Jacuzzi, a mini Dutch barn and a fire pit about which you can arrange your rattan garden furniture. And if none of the seven bedrooms seems quite the right fit, there’s a 10-man Nordic barbecue you can also sleep in.
- 1 St Albans support Asian women through lockdown struggles
- 2 Drive-in cinema, comedy and music coming to Hertfordshire Showground
- 3 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 4 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 5 New community hub set to become a reality at last
- 6 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 7 Call for 20mph speed limits across district wins council support
- 8 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 9 Work set to begin on new Clarence Park playground
- 10 Tributes paid following death of 'warm and polite' Redbourn councillor
Future home technology means 56 speakers allow you to listen to music absolutely anywhere in the house – or garden – and the 21 TVs mean you’ll never be bored indoors. Not that you would be, of course – the basement ‘leisure complex’ will take care of all your entertainment needs.
This whole floor has the feel of a Knightsbridge uber-mansion, with countless lifestyle-enhancing luxury features competing for top billing. There’s a steam room, a gym, a yoga studio, a juice bar, a cocktail bar, a home cinema and a security room, featuring all the tech you’d expect.
Then there’s the huge garage, with its hydraulic lift to take you away from all this and onto the gated driveway at the push of a button. ‘5, 4, 3, 2, 1… Thunderbirds are go!’
The Park, St Albans
Cassidy & Tate | 01727 228 428 www.cassidyandtate.co.uk