One for the road...
- Credit: Archant
Taking a stroll up Hatfield Road.
It’s always handy to live somewhere with amenities on your doorstep. We’ve all been there – you need milk for your cereal, you open the fridge, you’re all out! Or perhaps you’re exhausted from a day at work, and cooking is not what you want to be doing – off to the pub, or the local take-away. It’s times like these that you want a convenience store within reach. Or dining options that are nearby for when you just can’t kick that curry craving.
Hatfield Road, St Albans is the prime example. It’s not too secluded, not too built up and features all sorts of amenities within walking distance.
Starting with the northerly end, you’ll find the village stores, The Three Horseshoes pub and a petrol station for those early morning panics when the petrol light flashes on and you’re already late for work. There’s even P J Camping, in case you need a tent!
Along the road you’re in close proximity to St Albans’ 24hr veterinary hospital and Busy Bees nursery school for your furry friends and little ones; and the Glyn Hopkin Nissan dealership, Honda and J&S Accessories for some auto retail. Out of DIY supplies? Wickes, Screwfix and Homebase are all just up the street. Once you’ve secured that curtain pole, head to Dunelm for curtains and soft furnishings.
You may also want to watch:
Tidying the garden this weekend? Notcutts garden centre is next along the road. After working up an appetite, you’ve got The Green Kitchen, Me Old Chinese Takeaway and the Speckled Hen for a choice of nourishment.
To top it off, the homes on Hatfield Road are great too. Like this spacious property, close to excellent schools and two miles from St Albans City Station. Decorated to a neutral palette, this delightful family home is available to let, and includes 5 bedrooms, a study, 3 reception rooms and 3 stylish bathrooms, as well as a south facing rear patio and garden, and a driveway.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved