Nominations open for Herts sustainable housing awards
- Credit: Archant
Nominations are now open for the Hertfordshire Building Futures Awards 2018.
Introduced in 2009 to celebrate sustainable design and construction in Herts, the awards include four categories: Design Excellence, Most Sustainable Construction, Retrofit for the Future and Project of the Year.
Schemes must be located in Hertfordshire and completed between September 17 2015 and April 27 2018.
Any development is eligible for nomination, no matter how big or small, from individual buildings to large scale developments. Projects can include new build, conversion and refurbished schemes in the residential, commercial, retail, education, health and leisure sectors.
John Wood, Chief Executive of Hertfordshire County Council said: “The Building Futures Awards celebrate excellent design and innovation which benefits the environment and quality of life for residents in Hertfordshire. Many exemplary projects have been rewarded in the county since 2009, and we look forward to celebrating further success stories in this Award year.”
You may also want to watch:
Previous winners include Parkside View apartments on Chiltern Road, St Albans, which bagged the Design Excellence award in 2015.
Judges raved about the re-development scheme by St Albans District Council, saying: “We were impressed by the level of care that the designers had taken to create a safe end enriching environment for elderly people. Clearly understanding all their needs, the internal planning was exemplary.”
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 4 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 7 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 8 Footballers rally round with food drive amid pandemic
- 9 Raise a glass to the local brewers facing up to the challenges of lockdown
- 10 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
Other past winners include Bentley House, Hertford; North Hertfordshire College, Hitchin Campus and 62 Kimpton Road, Wheathampstead.
If you have been involved in a project, or know of a development which you think deserves to be a winner of the 2018 Awards, please email email@example.com or Rachael Donovan on 01992 556294. The closing date for entries is July 6.
For more information, please visit http://www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/BFawards2018