New St Albans development to include access to Gabriel Square
- Credit: Archant
A period property bordering St Albans’ Gabriel Square development is being converted into three homes, all of which will benefit from access to the scheme’s outside space.
St Albans-based Clarence Property Group purchased 25 and 27 Alma Road in November 2017.
27a, 27b and 27c – two one-bed flats and a two-bed duplex – were sold on in shell condition earlier this year; meanwhile, radical renovation work commenced on the neighbouring property, which was used as the base for Higgins Construction during the development of Gabriel Square.
Named Alma Mews, the original ground floor and basement storerooms are to become a three-bed, two-bath duplex maisonette with patio (25a) while the first and second floors will house a two-bed, two-bath duplex maisonette with a top floor balcony (25b).
In addition, a 19th century workshop to the rear of the property is being converted into a three-bed, two-bath freehold mews house (25h). Located between Alma Road and Gabriel Square, the property will be accessed via the pedestrian entry point to the award-winning Meyer Homes scheme. It will have a rear garden, patios to the front and side, and a first floor Juliet balcony.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Johnson, founder of Clarence Property Group, said: “The opportunity was to renovate central St Albans period buildings, to create contemporary, luxury accommodation in the city centre.
“The buildings formed part of the original Gabriel Square site, and once completed, residents of Alma Mews will enjoy access to the garden square gardens.”
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 8 At last! St Albans is back in business as shops re-open
- 9 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building
The maisonettes are expected to be finished by November while the mews house should be complete by early 2019.
For further information, contact selling agent Rod Fullbrook at Collinson Hall on 01727 843222.