New St Albans development to include access to Gabriel Square
- Credit: Archant
A period property bordering St Albans’ Gabriel Square development is being converted into three homes, all of which will benefit from access to the scheme’s outside space.
St Albans-based Clarence Property Group purchased 25 and 27 Alma Road in November 2017.
27a, 27b and 27c – two one-bed flats and a two-bed duplex – were sold on in shell condition earlier this year; meanwhile, radical renovation work commenced on the neighbouring property, which was used as the base for Higgins Construction during the development of Gabriel Square.
Named Alma Mews, the original ground floor and basement storerooms are to become a three-bed, two-bath duplex maisonette with patio (25a) while the first and second floors will house a two-bed, two-bath duplex maisonette with a top floor balcony (25b).
In addition, a 19th century workshop to the rear of the property is being converted into a three-bed, two-bath freehold mews house (25h). Located between Alma Road and Gabriel Square, the property will be accessed via the pedestrian entry point to the award-winning Meyer Homes scheme. It will have a rear garden, patios to the front and side, and a first floor Juliet balcony.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Johnson, founder of Clarence Property Group, said: “The opportunity was to renovate central St Albans period buildings, to create contemporary, luxury accommodation in the city centre.
“The buildings formed part of the original Gabriel Square site, and once completed, residents of Alma Mews will enjoy access to the garden square gardens.”
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Footballers rally round with food drive amid pandemic
- 6 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 7 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 8 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 9 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 10 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
The maisonettes are expected to be finished by November while the mews house should be complete by early 2019.
For further information, contact selling agent Rod Fullbrook at Collinson Hall on 01727 843222.