New St Albans development to include access to Gabriel Square
- Credit: Archant
A period property bordering St Albans’ Gabriel Square development is being converted into three homes, all of which will benefit from access to the scheme’s outside space.
St Albans-based Clarence Property Group purchased 25 and 27 Alma Road in November 2017.
27a, 27b and 27c – two one-bed flats and a two-bed duplex – were sold on in shell condition earlier this year; meanwhile, radical renovation work commenced on the neighbouring property, which was used as the base for Higgins Construction during the development of Gabriel Square.
Named Alma Mews, the original ground floor and basement storerooms are to become a three-bed, two-bath duplex maisonette with patio (25a) while the first and second floors will house a two-bed, two-bath duplex maisonette with a top floor balcony (25b).
In addition, a 19th century workshop to the rear of the property is being converted into a three-bed, two-bath freehold mews house (25h). Located between Alma Road and Gabriel Square, the property will be accessed via the pedestrian entry point to the award-winning Meyer Homes scheme. It will have a rear garden, patios to the front and side, and a first floor Juliet balcony.
Chris Johnson, founder of Clarence Property Group, said: “The opportunity was to renovate central St Albans period buildings, to create contemporary, luxury accommodation in the city centre.
“The buildings formed part of the original Gabriel Square site, and once completed, residents of Alma Mews will enjoy access to the garden square gardens.”
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 3 Comment: Sad times as St Albans faces the loss of another pub
- 4 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 5 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 6 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 7 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 8 Allinson ‘immensely proud’ despite St Albans City’s FA Cup exit
- 9 Gift shop's £20K donation to cancer charity
- 10 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
The maisonettes are expected to be finished by November while the mews house should be complete by early 2019.
For further information, contact selling agent Rod Fullbrook at Collinson Hall on 01727 843222.