New St Albans development now fully occupied
- Credit: Archant
All 11 apartments at the new London House development on London Road, St Albans, are now occupied – one of them by the original landowner.
Angela Bird – who purchased the site’s penthouse – said: “We had been looking to downsize for some time but we still wanted to stay in the same location.
“The opportunity to work with [developer] Edit provided us with the perfect solution; the exact apartment that we wanted in the exact same location.
“We also benefitted from being able to have an input into the design and we are delighted with the finished article.”
Features of the development include a built-in barbeque and separate fire pit, individual storage sheds and garden allotments, instant hot water taps and Duravit fittings throughout.
You may also want to watch:
The apartments also feature bronze external cladding and timber fins and large floor-to-ceiling glazing.
Spearheaded by brothers Jamie and Shane Aherne, of St Albans-based Edit Residential, the development of one, two and three bedroom apartments was sold completely off-plan.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 5 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 6 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 St Albans Rainbow Trail Easter competition raises funds for Home-Start Herts
- 9 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
- 10 Community opens book shed to share the gift of reading
Shane said: “We believe this to be the best development in St Albans.
“As St Albans residents ourselves we sincerely believe that we have raised the standard for future developments in the area.”