New legislation makes life harder for landlords
- Credit: Archant
New legislation will make it harder for landlords to resolve a dispute with a tenant, a Harpenden agent says.
From August 15, landlords will only have one opportunity to submit evidence supporting a dispute claim to the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS), not two (as is currently the case).
Ensuring that all relevant documentation is included and communicated from the outset in is therefore more important than ever if a successful outcome is to be achieved.
In addition, the changes to the way in which disputes are handled by the TDS will mean that only one tenant will be able to raise or respond to a dispute; and either the member agent or the landlord will be able to respond to a dispute, not both.
Not surprisingly, agents believe that a property management service can make all the difference, taking on the responsibility of submitting a dispute on the landlord’s behalf and ensuring all relevant information is included.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan Green, Head of Savills Harpenden Lettings, says: “Out of the small proportion of Savills tenancies that result in dispute, our statistics show that a successful outcome is twice as likely if the dispute is submitted by Savills rather than a private individual, highlighting the increased importance for landlords of utilising a property management service.”
For more information, see www.savills.co.uk/landlord-fees
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 6 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 7 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 10 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo