New Knebworth retirement living development named in honour of local builder
- Credit: Archant
A new retirement living development in Knebworth has been named Lowe House after a well known local builder.
Housebuilder McCarthy and Stone have named the scheme in honour of Charles Lowe, owner of Chas Lowe and Sons Builders’ Merchants, which stood on the London Road site for decades.
Charles was born in the village and spent his life there, establishing his business in 1950. He died in 2008 after suffering a heart attack at work.
His sons, Peter and Kevin, continued to run the business until 2017, when they ceased trading and sold its assets to builders’ merchants Gibbs & Dandy.
Caroline Tiernan, Marketing Manager for McCarthy and Stone North London, said: “We wanted to choose a name for our new Knebworth development that is not only meaningful, but would also resonate with local people and future McCarthy and Stone homeowners.
You may also want to watch:
“Our chosen name, Lowe House, will serve as a celebration of Charles Lowe and his contribution to Knebworth and the building industry across Hertfordshire.”
The collection of luxury apartments for the over 70s, which is currently under construction, will offer retirees the opportunity to maintain an independent lifestyle, while having access to domestic and personal assistance packages to help them manage their day-to-day lives.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 5 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 8 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
Facilities will include a club lounge, landscaped gardens, a restaurant providing freshly cooked meals and a guest suite. An estates manager will take care of the day-to-day running of the development, while secure entry systems and 24-hour emergency call points will provide added peace of mind.
To find out more and to register your early interest in the development, please call 0800 201 4811 or visit www.mccarthyandstone.co.uk