Second phase of homes to be released at major St Albans development
- Credit: Archant
The second phase of the 348-home Oaklands Grange development in St Albans is set to launch this summer.
Phase two of the Taylor Wimpey scheme, which is being built on former Oaklands College land off Sandpit Lane, consists of 64 plots.
The first 78-plot phase was released in October 2018; 80 per cent of these properties have now been sold and 36 of them have legally completed.
A variety of two and three bedroom homes are still available, with prices starting from £425,000.
The development of two, three, four and five bedroom houses will be sold over three phases.
You may also want to watch:
121 of the homes will be affordable properties available for local people through a housing association.
Help to Buy is available, as well as Taylor Wimpey's Easymover scheme which can help people with a property to sell.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 4 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 5 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 6 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 7 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 8 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 9 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 10 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
Taylor Wimpey estimate completion will be by 2023.
Nikki Gibson, sales and marketing director at Taylor Wimpey North Thames, said: 'We have received an overwhelming response from homebuyers since the launch of our Oaklands Grange development.
'A combination of the development's great location, its range of house types and the availability of incentives is proving very popular with purchasers.'