Second phase of homes to be released at major St Albans development
- Credit: Archant
The second phase of the 348-home Oaklands Grange development in St Albans is set to launch this summer.
Phase two of the Taylor Wimpey scheme, which is being built on former Oaklands College land off Sandpit Lane, consists of 64 plots.
The first 78-plot phase was released in October 2018; 80 per cent of these properties have now been sold and 36 of them have legally completed.
A variety of two and three bedroom homes are still available, with prices starting from £425,000.
The development of two, three, four and five bedroom houses will be sold over three phases.
121 of the homes will be affordable properties available for local people through a housing association.
Help to Buy is available, as well as Taylor Wimpey's Easymover scheme which can help people with a property to sell.
- 1 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 2 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 5 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 6 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 7 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 8 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 9 St Albans SustFest kicks off in style
- 10 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
Taylor Wimpey estimate completion will be by 2023.
Nikki Gibson, sales and marketing director at Taylor Wimpey North Thames, said: 'We have received an overwhelming response from homebuyers since the launch of our Oaklands Grange development.
'A combination of the development's great location, its range of house types and the availability of incentives is proving very popular with purchasers.'