New development to launch in Hitchin this weekend
- Credit: Archant
St Albans and Harpenden-based buyers interested in making a more affordable property purchase need look no further than the new Artworks development in Hitchin.
75 one and two-bed apartments and 10 three-bed family homes have been built around a landscaped courtyard, on the site of the former Hertfordshire Arts College.
Prices at the Hampden Road development – which launches this weekend – will start from £230,000.
Located just over a mile from Hitchin town centre, the modern homes feature open-plan layouts, contemporary kitchens and low-energy lighting throughout, keeping utility bills down.
Highlights of Hitchin - voted ninth happiest place to live in the UK in a recent Rightmove poll – include the Market Theatre, a weekly farmer’s market, and a range of local pubs.
You may also want to watch:
The picturesque River Hiz and the chalk grasslands at Pegsdon Hills are also close by.
Nearby Hitchin station offers a fast service into London’s Kings Cross in just over 30 minutes, while the A1(M) and the M1 are close, and London Luton Airport is less than 10 miles away.
- 1 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 4 District's COVID cases fall below England's average for first time in a month
- 5 St Albans named among Britain’s hottest property markets
- 6 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 7 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 10 Horse owner pleads with public not to feed equine
David Hnyda, Sales and Marketing Director at Crest Nicholson’s Chiltern division, said: “We’re very excited to announce the launch of Artworks, a fantastic development for both first time buyers and families looking for more space and a balanced lifestyle close to London.
“Its enviable location makes it the perfect setting for those commuting to London, Cambridge or Stevenage. Hitchin is a beautiful area, rich in history, and we expect to see homes here sell fast.’
Saturday’s launch will run from 10am to 5pm, after which the Sales and Marketing suite will be open Thursday to Monday at the same hours. To find out more, or to register your interest, visit www.crestnicholson.com/artworks/