New build homes launch at Harry Potter filming location
- Credit: Archant
The first phase of new build homes has been released at the Royal Connaught Park development in Bushey – a must-see for Harry Potter fans.
The Comer Homes scheme is built around the Grade II listed former public school which has featured in nearly 400 films and TV shows – including the first three Harry Potter films, Monty Python’s Life of Brian and St Trinian’s.
Built in 1903, the dining hall was used in all three Potter movies, then recreated in a studio and as a visitor attraction.
There are 156 homes in the historic building, but only four remain for sale. The hall has remained in situ for the residents to enjoy.
The campus was home to The Royal Masonic School for Boys until 1977, when it became the United States International University, Europe. Comer bought the site in 1998, but continued to run it as a university until 2007, beginning its residential development in 2009.
The gated development is set in 100 acres of parkland, with features including 24-hour security, a residents’ shuttle bus service to Bushey and a private members’ gym complete with spa and indoor heated swimming pool.
The first blocks to be released in the new build phase are Argyll House and Queen Victoria House.
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 3 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 4 Comment: Sad times as St Albans faces the loss of another pub
- 5 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 6 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 7 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 8 Gift shop's £20K donation to cancer charity
- 9 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
Argyll House is a collection of 29 two and three-bedroom apartments and duplexes situated to the rear of Royal Connaught Park, while Queen Victoria House features just four two-bedroom apartments.
All benefit from generously sized terraces or balconies, utility rooms, top-of-the-range kitchens, luxurious bathrooms with limestone-clad walls and underfloor heating throughout.
Caroline Comer, Sales & Marketing Director, Comer Homes said: “We are delighted to be launching the new build phase at Royal Connaught Park. This landmark development has set a new benchmark for homes in the area – with its unique setting and history combined with its beautiful location and the high specification homes available.
“For the new build homes, we have worked even harder to ensure they are every bit as beautiful as the period conversions.”
Prices at Argyll House start from £589,000 and £579,000 at Queen Victoria House.
For further information please contact selling agents, Statons, on 0208 441 9555 or visit www.royalconnaughtpark.com