New 206-home development launches in Radlett
- Credit: Archant
A major new residential development in Radlett has been formally opened by the Mayor of Hertsmere.
Cllr Alan Plancey cut the ribbon at Harperbury Park, off Harper Lane, as part of the scheme's launch weekend.
The 206-home development has been built on the site of Harperbury Hospital mental health facility, which was demolished last year.
The site was once set to house the Harperbury Free School, plans for which were abruptly canned in 2016.
Developer Bloor Homes has pledged to invest in the local community, with contributions of £1.1 million towards education provision, £128,000 for healthcare, £478,000 for community libraries, £31,000 for sustainable transport and travel plan monitoring and £9,500 towards youth facilities. The developer will also help St Albans Rangers FC to improve its facilities.
Gemma Deacon, acting head of sales for Bloor Homes South Midlands, said it was "an absolute pleasure" to welcome guests - including the Mayor - to the launch event.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "The feedback we received on the overall layout of the development and the quality of the designs was fantastic, with a number of reservations being made on the day."
Current prices at Harperbury Park range from £525,000 for the three bedroom Studland design to £785,000 for the four bedroom Caulke.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 9 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
For further information, visit the marketing suite at Harperbury Park, Off Harper Lane, Radlett, WD7 9HQ.
Alternatively, call 01923 886 475 or visit https://bloorhomes.com/developments/south-midlands/harperbury-park