New 206-home development launches in Radlett
- Credit: Archant
A major new residential development in Radlett has been formally opened by the Mayor of Hertsmere.
Cllr Alan Plancey cut the ribbon at Harperbury Park, off Harper Lane, as part of the scheme's launch weekend.
The 206-home development has been built on the site of Harperbury Hospital mental health facility, which was demolished last year.
The site was once set to house the Harperbury Free School, plans for which were abruptly canned in 2016.
Developer Bloor Homes has pledged to invest in the local community, with contributions of £1.1 million towards education provision, £128,000 for healthcare, £478,000 for community libraries, £31,000 for sustainable transport and travel plan monitoring and £9,500 towards youth facilities. The developer will also help St Albans Rangers FC to improve its facilities.
Gemma Deacon, acting head of sales for Bloor Homes South Midlands, said it was "an absolute pleasure" to welcome guests - including the Mayor - to the launch event.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "The feedback we received on the overall layout of the development and the quality of the designs was fantastic, with a number of reservations being made on the day."
Current prices at Harperbury Park range from £525,000 for the three bedroom Studland design to £785,000 for the four bedroom Caulke.
- 1 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 2 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 3 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 6 People with these surnames in Herts could be sitting on unclaimed estate fortunes
- 7 Confetti cannons released at primary school 50th birthday
- 8 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 9 Budding Beaumont School playwright Oliver wins scriptwriting competition
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Rickmansworth
For further information, visit the marketing suite at Harperbury Park, Off Harper Lane, Radlett, WD7 9HQ.
Alternatively, call 01923 886 475 or visit https://bloorhomes.com/developments/south-midlands/harperbury-park