Revealed: The most popular time for online house-hunting
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The peak time for online house-hunting has been revealed.
According to new Rightmove data, 8.48pm on a Wednesday is our favourite time to trawl the web in search of what may one day be our next address.
The busiest hour is between 8pm and 9pm, while the quietest time of the week is at 4am on a Monday.
Rightmove's Miles Shipside said the Wednesday peak of 8.48pm may coincide with the final advert break of many TV shows.
He added: "A few years back the busiest time of day was lunchtime, but as mobile usage increased this has changed to property lovers revisiting us every evening."
You may also want to watch:
And while the market may feel quiet at present, with more of the same to follow - December is traditionally the quietest month for house-hunting - the anticipated Christmas spike in online traffic is just around the corner.
Last year, Rightmove's page views increased by 231 per cent between Christmas Day and January 2, with the busiest individual day being Sunday, December 30.
- 1 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 2 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 7 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 8 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 9 Alban Arena launches annual pantomime with Strictly Come Dancing star
- 10 A New York state of mind
Miles said: "As we move into December we see people start to get distracted by turkey and tinsel, but once the celebrations are in full swing it doesn't take long before traffic rises again."
House-hunters spend an average of over one billion minutes searching Rightmove every month - an average of 141 million total visits.