More awards for St Albans’ Gabriel Square development
- Credit: Archant
The Gabriel Square development in central St Albans has picked up two prestigious industry awards.
The Meyer Homes scheme won gold in the Best Interior Design category and silver for Best House at the national WhatHouse? Awards 2017.
Widely recognised as the Oscars of the housebuilding industry, the awards were presented at a ceremony in London on 17 November.
Gabriel Square is a collection of 52 three and four-bedroom houses and 28 one, two and three bedroom apartments and duplexes set around a landscaped garden square.
Features include underground parking, Poggenpohl kitchens and Control4 Smart Homes Technology, within close proximity of St Albans town centre and the City station.
You may also want to watch:
The Best House award went to the four-bed townhouse, which judges described as “a great house packed with thoughtful details”.
In the Best Interior Design category, judges gushed over the “skillful” work of Conran & Partners, praising the “fabulously designed” property which had “every detail considered and balanced beautifully”. They added that “the modernist, clean living style complements the development perfectly”.
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 3 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 6 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
James Moody, Meyer Homes MD, said: “We’re delighted to have been recognised at the WhatHouse? Awards for our Gabriel Square development.
“The project sets a new benchmark in design for the area and these awards are testament to our commitment to providing stylish, high quality homes.”
Steve Walker, of selling agent Collinson Hall, added: “This is a wonderful endorsement for the development and echoes tremendous feedback we have had from people who have visited the showhouse.”
These accolades follow Gabriel Square’s success at the British Homes Awards earlier this year, where the development picked up the Home of The Year (in a multi-unit scheme) gong.