More awards for St Albans’ Gabriel Square development
- Credit: Archant
The Gabriel Square development in central St Albans has picked up two prestigious industry awards.
The Meyer Homes scheme won gold in the Best Interior Design category and silver for Best House at the national WhatHouse? Awards 2017.
Widely recognised as the Oscars of the housebuilding industry, the awards were presented at a ceremony in London on 17 November.
Gabriel Square is a collection of 52 three and four-bedroom houses and 28 one, two and three bedroom apartments and duplexes set around a landscaped garden square.
Features include underground parking, Poggenpohl kitchens and Control4 Smart Homes Technology, within close proximity of St Albans town centre and the City station.
You may also want to watch:
The Best House award went to the four-bed townhouse, which judges described as “a great house packed with thoughtful details”.
In the Best Interior Design category, judges gushed over the “skillful” work of Conran & Partners, praising the “fabulously designed” property which had “every detail considered and balanced beautifully”. They added that “the modernist, clean living style complements the development perfectly”.
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 4 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 5 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire town of Bishop's Stortford
- 7 9 baby and toddler groups for St Albans and Harpenden
- 8 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 9 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
James Moody, Meyer Homes MD, said: “We’re delighted to have been recognised at the WhatHouse? Awards for our Gabriel Square development.
“The project sets a new benchmark in design for the area and these awards are testament to our commitment to providing stylish, high quality homes.”
Steve Walker, of selling agent Collinson Hall, added: “This is a wonderful endorsement for the development and echoes tremendous feedback we have had from people who have visited the showhouse.”
These accolades follow Gabriel Square’s success at the British Homes Awards earlier this year, where the development picked up the Home of The Year (in a multi-unit scheme) gong.