Michael Portillo entertains house builders and developers at Putterills lunch
- Credit: Archant
Former Minister of Defence Michael Portillo was the guest speaker at this year’s Putterills specialist Land and New Homes department lunch.
The veteran journalist and broadcaster entertained more than 60 local and national house builders and developers at the event at Armourers’ Hall in the City of London.
Putterills’ Managing Director, Mark Shearing, said: “The annual lunch is a great way for many builders, large and small, to discuss land and property in addition to getting our views, based on sales experience acquired from our local branches, on the current market conditions and what could happen in the year ahead.”
He added: “Having Michael as our guest speaker was the icing on the cake, he was informed, charismatic and amusing – as well as giving his opinions on the present political situation and Brexit.”
Putterills Land and New Homes department works with landowners to identify land for development and also to recommend the most appropriate potential development. Most of these opportunities are on previously used sites and buildings, often referred to as Brownfield land.
You may also want to watch:
The department can be reached on 01462 453195.
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 6 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 At last! St Albans is back in business as shops re-open
- 9 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building