Michael Portillo entertains house builders and developers at Putterills lunch
- Credit: Archant
Former Minister of Defence Michael Portillo was the guest speaker at this year’s Putterills specialist Land and New Homes department lunch.
The veteran journalist and broadcaster entertained more than 60 local and national house builders and developers at the event at Armourers’ Hall in the City of London.
Putterills’ Managing Director, Mark Shearing, said: “The annual lunch is a great way for many builders, large and small, to discuss land and property in addition to getting our views, based on sales experience acquired from our local branches, on the current market conditions and what could happen in the year ahead.”
He added: “Having Michael as our guest speaker was the icing on the cake, he was informed, charismatic and amusing – as well as giving his opinions on the present political situation and Brexit.”
Putterills Land and New Homes department works with landowners to identify land for development and also to recommend the most appropriate potential development. Most of these opportunities are on previously used sites and buildings, often referred to as Brownfield land.
You may also want to watch:
The department can be reached on 01462 453195.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 St Albans' COVID cases continue to decline as UK surpasses "grim" milestone
- 3 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 4 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 5 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 6 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 7 The Snow Must Go On: More pics of St Albans in the snow
- 8 Claw enforcement: How to stop your cat scratching furniture and leaving fur everywhere
- 9 Bishop wages war on sports gambling
- 10 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?