Meet The Agent: Grant Van Der Beek of Hamptons, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
With over 15 years of experience Grant brings a friendly and calm approach to buying and selling property...
What’s different about your agency?
We are very much a people company, making sure we are aware of the personal side of a transaction not just the property sales process.
Where do you live, with whom, and why did you choose your current property?
I live in St Albans with my wife. We chose our current property for its great location and space.
You may also want to watch:
If you weren’t an estate agent, what would you be?
The dream would be a Formula 1 driver but more likely a teacher.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 8 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
We bought our first property 20 years ago and it was a lovely 2 bedroom house in Shenley Village.
What’s the most shocking thing you’ve encountered in this profession?
Walking into a property to show and finding 20 half-dressed party goers passed out on the floor. The vendors had gone away and their son decided to have a party on the Friday night. I rebooked the appointment and negotiated the sale to the same buyers.
If you could have a holiday home, where would it be and what would it be like?
It would be a villa in Spain with some space around it big enough for our family to visit and stay.