Meet The Agent: Grant Van Der Beek of Hamptons, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
With over 15 years of experience Grant brings a friendly and calm approach to buying and selling property...
What’s different about your agency?
We are very much a people company, making sure we are aware of the personal side of a transaction not just the property sales process.
Where do you live, with whom, and why did you choose your current property?
I live in St Albans with my wife. We chose our current property for its great location and space.
You may also want to watch:
If you weren’t an estate agent, what would you be?
The dream would be a Formula 1 driver but more likely a teacher.
- 1 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 2 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 3 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 4 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 5 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 6 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 7 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Church roof saved thanks to Lottery grant
- 9 Fantastic Mr Fox rescued from balcony with help of RSPCA
- 10 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
We bought our first property 20 years ago and it was a lovely 2 bedroom house in Shenley Village.
What’s the most shocking thing you’ve encountered in this profession?
Walking into a property to show and finding 20 half-dressed party goers passed out on the floor. The vendors had gone away and their son decided to have a party on the Friday night. I rebooked the appointment and negotiated the sale to the same buyers.
If you could have a holiday home, where would it be and what would it be like?
It would be a villa in Spain with some space around it big enough for our family to visit and stay.