Meet The Agent: Grant Van Der Beek of Hamptons, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
With over 15 years of experience Grant brings a friendly and calm approach to buying and selling property...
What’s different about your agency?
We are very much a people company, making sure we are aware of the personal side of a transaction not just the property sales process.
Where do you live, with whom, and why did you choose your current property?
I live in St Albans with my wife. We chose our current property for its great location and space.
If you weren’t an estate agent, what would you be?
The dream would be a Formula 1 driver but more likely a teacher.
- 1 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 4 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 5 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
We bought our first property 20 years ago and it was a lovely 2 bedroom house in Shenley Village.
What’s the most shocking thing you’ve encountered in this profession?
Walking into a property to show and finding 20 half-dressed party goers passed out on the floor. The vendors had gone away and their son decided to have a party on the Friday night. I rebooked the appointment and negotiated the sale to the same buyers.
If you could have a holiday home, where would it be and what would it be like?
It would be a villa in Spain with some space around it big enough for our family to visit and stay.