Meet The Agent: Grant Van Der Beek of Hamptons, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
With over 15 years of experience Grant brings a friendly and calm approach to buying and selling property...
What’s different about your agency?
We are very much a people company, making sure we are aware of the personal side of a transaction not just the property sales process.
Where do you live, with whom, and why did you choose your current property?
I live in St Albans with my wife. We chose our current property for its great location and space.
You may also want to watch:
If you weren’t an estate agent, what would you be?
The dream would be a Formula 1 driver but more likely a teacher.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
We bought our first property 20 years ago and it was a lovely 2 bedroom house in Shenley Village.
What’s the most shocking thing you’ve encountered in this profession?
Walking into a property to show and finding 20 half-dressed party goers passed out on the floor. The vendors had gone away and their son decided to have a party on the Friday night. I rebooked the appointment and negotiated the sale to the same buyers.
If you could have a holiday home, where would it be and what would it be like?
It would be a villa in Spain with some space around it big enough for our family to visit and stay.