Meet The Agent: Central St Albans or Central Park? That is the question
- Credit: Archant
Nick Doyle, residential operations director at Aichisons.
What’s different about your agency?
The diversity of our company and our established proven track record of selling homes locally.
Where do you live and with whom?
I live in an extended 1930s semi-detached house just around the corner from Beaumont school which is very handy as both my lads are students.
Why did you buy your current home?
We stumbled across it and were running out of time but we could see it had potential as a family home; although we didn’t have any money to spend on it straight away! At the time, the location with the catchment of the local schools was not such an overriding factor as it is today...
- 1 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 4 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 5 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 8 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 10 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
If you weren’t an estate agent, what would you be?
What was your first property like?
A two bedroom terraced cottage in the city centre. I bought it with a mate for £90,000. Short-lived as I had only just met my girlfriend, now wife, and didn’t have a crystal ball.
What feature would your dream house have?
A very large basement to include a home cinema and games room. Oh, and a big fridge.
What would you say to someone interested in relocating to St Albans?
St Albans is a fantastic place to live and offers something for everyone.
If you could have a holiday home, where would it be?
A loft apartment in New York City with views overlooking Central Park will do for me!