Meet the agent: Andrew Whyman, Director of Charter Whyman
- Credit: Archant
He works in Letchworth Garden City, but dreams of a life by the sea in Suffolk.
What’s special/different about your agency?
Charter Whyman provide a fresh, dynamic and friendly approach to estate agency. We are an established business with two hands-on directors, where repeat business and respect within our local community is paramount. I started in agency at the age of 22, 30 years ago, and the foundations of the business have been built on experience, knowledge, professionalism and trust. Our office now employs a happy team of people who have over 100 years of accumulated property experience.
Where do you live and with whom?
I am very fortunate to live on the outskirts of the pretty market town of Framlingham in Suffolk. I am married to Collette and have two children, Lottie and Harvey, plus three dogs and a cat!
You may also want to watch:
Why did you buy your current property?
Location, location, location. We were very lucky to find a character farmhouse that backed directly onto open fields. The fact that it was only a ten minute walk from a superb pub, selling local ales and great food, had nothing to do with our decision!
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Footballers rally round with food drive amid pandemic
- 6 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 7 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 8 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 9 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 10 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
If you weren’t an estate agent, what would you be?
This is a very difficult question to answer. A professional golfer would have definitely ticked all the boxes, or with my love for HOT food, perhaps a taster for a hot chilli sauce company!
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
I bought my first property in Hitchin at the age of 21. It was a modern two bedroom maisonette that backed directly onto a railway track – I never actually moved into it!
What’s your dream house?
I have always had a genuine love for the pretty seaside town of Aldeburgh in Suffolk. My dream house would be a thatched cottage, bags of character, splendid sea views and within walking distance of the locals pubs and the renowned fish and chip shop.