Meet the agent: Andrew Whyman, Director of Charter Whyman
- Credit: Archant
He works in Letchworth Garden City, but dreams of a life by the sea in Suffolk.
What’s special/different about your agency?
Charter Whyman provide a fresh, dynamic and friendly approach to estate agency. We are an established business with two hands-on directors, where repeat business and respect within our local community is paramount. I started in agency at the age of 22, 30 years ago, and the foundations of the business have been built on experience, knowledge, professionalism and trust. Our office now employs a happy team of people who have over 100 years of accumulated property experience.
Where do you live and with whom?
I am very fortunate to live on the outskirts of the pretty market town of Framlingham in Suffolk. I am married to Collette and have two children, Lottie and Harvey, plus three dogs and a cat!
You may also want to watch:
Why did you buy your current property?
Location, location, location. We were very lucky to find a character farmhouse that backed directly onto open fields. The fact that it was only a ten minute walk from a superb pub, selling local ales and great food, had nothing to do with our decision!
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Youngsters star in Watford win much to delight of St Albans City boss Ian Allinson
- 9 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
If you weren’t an estate agent, what would you be?
This is a very difficult question to answer. A professional golfer would have definitely ticked all the boxes, or with my love for HOT food, perhaps a taster for a hot chilli sauce company!
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
I bought my first property in Hitchin at the age of 21. It was a modern two bedroom maisonette that backed directly onto a railway track – I never actually moved into it!
What’s your dream house?
I have always had a genuine love for the pretty seaside town of Aldeburgh in Suffolk. My dream house would be a thatched cottage, bags of character, splendid sea views and within walking distance of the locals pubs and the renowned fish and chip shop.