Meet the agent: Andrew Whyman, Director of Charter Whyman
- Credit: Archant
He works in Letchworth Garden City, but dreams of a life by the sea in Suffolk.
What’s special/different about your agency?
Charter Whyman provide a fresh, dynamic and friendly approach to estate agency. We are an established business with two hands-on directors, where repeat business and respect within our local community is paramount. I started in agency at the age of 22, 30 years ago, and the foundations of the business have been built on experience, knowledge, professionalism and trust. Our office now employs a happy team of people who have over 100 years of accumulated property experience.
Where do you live and with whom?
I am very fortunate to live on the outskirts of the pretty market town of Framlingham in Suffolk. I am married to Collette and have two children, Lottie and Harvey, plus three dogs and a cat!
You may also want to watch:
Why did you buy your current property?
Location, location, location. We were very lucky to find a character farmhouse that backed directly onto open fields. The fact that it was only a ten minute walk from a superb pub, selling local ales and great food, had nothing to do with our decision!
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 5 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 6 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
If you weren’t an estate agent, what would you be?
This is a very difficult question to answer. A professional golfer would have definitely ticked all the boxes, or with my love for HOT food, perhaps a taster for a hot chilli sauce company!
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
I bought my first property in Hitchin at the age of 21. It was a modern two bedroom maisonette that backed directly onto a railway track – I never actually moved into it!
What’s your dream house?
I have always had a genuine love for the pretty seaside town of Aldeburgh in Suffolk. My dream house would be a thatched cottage, bags of character, splendid sea views and within walking distance of the locals pubs and the renowned fish and chip shop.