Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building
- Credit: LGIM
An extra floor is being added to a St Albans city centre office building as part of an extensive redevelopment project.
The additional third floor will help 10 Bricket Road achieve a 50 per cent increase in floor area, taking it to 42,478 sq ft of energy efficient office accommodation.
The development will also include 73 parking spaces, six car charging points, secure cycle storage and "generous" shower facilities and is scheduled for completion in late 2021.
LGIM Real Assets has committed to the extensive redevelopment and Canmoor has been appointed as development manager. Oakmont Construction is the main contractor.
Ali Farrell, fund manager, LGIM Real Assets, said: “10 Bricket Road is a truly unique development.
You may also want to watch:
“The property is close to shopping, amenities, and only a short walk to St Albans City station. The state-of-the-art facilities will help to drive employee health, satisfaction and wellbeing, as well as accelerate LGIM Real Assets' wider efforts concerning sustainability.
“We expect strong interest from the local and regional occupier market - we are also gaining significant attention from central London occupiers due to the excellent train service in particular.”
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 3 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 4 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 5 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 6 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 7 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 10 St Albans GP publishes guide to living
Sam Walker, director at Canmoor, said: "This building is a classic example of enhancing and repurposing a well-located office building in an undersupplied historic town with an excellent town centre parking provision.
"We expect the completed development to attract workforces back into offices in a post-COVID environment."