Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building
- Credit: LGIM
An extra floor is being added to a St Albans city centre office building as part of an extensive redevelopment project.
The additional third floor will help 10 Bricket Road achieve a 50 per cent increase in floor area, taking it to 42,478 sq ft of energy efficient office accommodation.
The development will also include 73 parking spaces, six car charging points, secure cycle storage and "generous" shower facilities and is scheduled for completion in late 2021.
LGIM Real Assets has committed to the extensive redevelopment and Canmoor has been appointed as development manager. Oakmont Construction is the main contractor.
Ali Farrell, fund manager, LGIM Real Assets, said: “10 Bricket Road is a truly unique development.
“The property is close to shopping, amenities, and only a short walk to St Albans City station. The state-of-the-art facilities will help to drive employee health, satisfaction and wellbeing, as well as accelerate LGIM Real Assets' wider efforts concerning sustainability.
“We expect strong interest from the local and regional occupier market - we are also gaining significant attention from central London occupiers due to the excellent train service in particular.”
- 1 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 4 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 7 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 8 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 9 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 10 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
Sam Walker, director at Canmoor, said: "This building is a classic example of enhancing and repurposing a well-located office building in an undersupplied historic town with an excellent town centre parking provision.
"We expect the completed development to attract workforces back into offices in a post-COVID environment."