Local estate agent to hold open house day
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A local estate agent is holding an open house event, offering potential buyers the chance to view multiple prospective properties in one day.
Once registered, buyers do not have to book a formal appointment, which Strutt & Parker says allows house hunters the freedom to view properties at their leisure, whilst checking out who else is looking at the same time.
The Harpenden-based estate agent is holding its 12th National Open House day event on Saturday October 8, when all the houses involved will be available for viewing all over the UK.
The property advisors suggest that the time-saving event has a proven track record of success and can be hugely advantageous in a competitive market.
Sally Noakes at Strutt & Parker’s Harpenden office in High Street said: “The difference with our national event is that properties which buyers have just seen will remain fresh in their mind on the next viewing, putting them in a better position to make choices.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had some incredible stories of people just being curious about a house and not seriously considering buying but going on to make an offer after viewing it on our Open House day.”
Recommended questions to ask at the event include how many offers have been made, why does the seller want to move, how much do utilities cost, what are the neighbours like and which contents are included in the sale?
- 1 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 2 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 3 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 4 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 5 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 6 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 9 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
- 10 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
For more information, visit www.struttandparker.com/services/residential/open-house-day. You can register at the Harpenden or St Albans office.