Local estate agent to hold open house day
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A local estate agent is holding an open house event, offering potential buyers the chance to view multiple prospective properties in one day.
Once registered, buyers do not have to book a formal appointment, which Strutt & Parker says allows house hunters the freedom to view properties at their leisure, whilst checking out who else is looking at the same time.
The Harpenden-based estate agent is holding its 12th National Open House day event on Saturday October 8, when all the houses involved will be available for viewing all over the UK.
The property advisors suggest that the time-saving event has a proven track record of success and can be hugely advantageous in a competitive market.
Sally Noakes at Strutt & Parker’s Harpenden office in High Street said: “The difference with our national event is that properties which buyers have just seen will remain fresh in their mind on the next viewing, putting them in a better position to make choices.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had some incredible stories of people just being curious about a house and not seriously considering buying but going on to make an offer after viewing it on our Open House day.”
Recommended questions to ask at the event include how many offers have been made, why does the seller want to move, how much do utilities cost, what are the neighbours like and which contents are included in the sale?
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 6 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
For more information, visit www.struttandparker.com/services/residential/open-house-day. You can register at the Harpenden or St Albans office.