Local agent hopes open house event will boost sales
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
An estate agency chain is urging homeowners looking to make a move to sign up to their open house event – and boost their chances of making a sale.
Strutt & Parker’s National Open House Day allows registered buyers to view any property on their books - on the same day and at the same time - between 10am and 3pm.
Sally Noakes, Partner at Strutt & Parker’s Harpenden office, explains: “If a prospective buyer instantly likes your house, but knows there are six other couples also walking around commenting on how beautiful the property is, this competitive edge might naturally encourage them to put in an offer sooner.
“Similarly, if a buyer likes a house before our National Open House Day starts, it is not uncommon for an early offer to be secured in order to take it offline so as not to risk losing it.”
Strutt & Parker has been holding biannual open house events for seven years, and the next one will take place on Saturday May 13.
You may also want to watch:
Sally adds: “No fixed appointment times create a unique harmony of flexibility, convenience and excitement. Choice is also a huge draw for buyers.
“We have had some incredible stories of people just being curious about a house and not seriously considering buying, but going on to make an offer after viewing it on Open House Day.”
- 1 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 2 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 3 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 4 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 5 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
- 6 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 7 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 8 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
For more information, contact your local Strutt & Parker office in Harpenden on 01582 764343 or St Albans on 01727 840285 or visit struttandparker.com/openday.