Local agent hopes open house event will boost sales
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
An estate agency chain is urging homeowners looking to make a move to sign up to their open house event – and boost their chances of making a sale.
Strutt & Parker’s National Open House Day allows registered buyers to view any property on their books - on the same day and at the same time - between 10am and 3pm.
Sally Noakes, Partner at Strutt & Parker’s Harpenden office, explains: “If a prospective buyer instantly likes your house, but knows there are six other couples also walking around commenting on how beautiful the property is, this competitive edge might naturally encourage them to put in an offer sooner.
“Similarly, if a buyer likes a house before our National Open House Day starts, it is not uncommon for an early offer to be secured in order to take it offline so as not to risk losing it.”
Strutt & Parker has been holding biannual open house events for seven years, and the next one will take place on Saturday May 13.
Sally adds: “No fixed appointment times create a unique harmony of flexibility, convenience and excitement. Choice is also a huge draw for buyers.
“We have had some incredible stories of people just being curious about a house and not seriously considering buying, but going on to make an offer after viewing it on Open House Day.”
- 1 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 5 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 6 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 7 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 8 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 9 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 10 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
For more information, contact your local Strutt & Parker office in Harpenden on 01582 764343 or St Albans on 01727 840285 or visit struttandparker.com/openday.