Local agent hopes open house event will boost sales
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
An estate agency chain is urging homeowners looking to make a move to sign up to their open house event – and boost their chances of making a sale.
Strutt & Parker’s National Open House Day allows registered buyers to view any property on their books - on the same day and at the same time - between 10am and 3pm.
Sally Noakes, Partner at Strutt & Parker’s Harpenden office, explains: “If a prospective buyer instantly likes your house, but knows there are six other couples also walking around commenting on how beautiful the property is, this competitive edge might naturally encourage them to put in an offer sooner.
“Similarly, if a buyer likes a house before our National Open House Day starts, it is not uncommon for an early offer to be secured in order to take it offline so as not to risk losing it.”
Strutt & Parker has been holding biannual open house events for seven years, and the next one will take place on Saturday May 13.
You may also want to watch:
Sally adds: “No fixed appointment times create a unique harmony of flexibility, convenience and excitement. Choice is also a huge draw for buyers.
“We have had some incredible stories of people just being curious about a house and not seriously considering buying, but going on to make an offer after viewing it on Open House Day.”
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award
- 4 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 5 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire town of Bishop's Stortford
- 7 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 8 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
For more information, contact your local Strutt & Parker office in Harpenden on 01582 764343 or St Albans on 01727 840285 or visit struttandparker.com/openday.