Living Advent organisers raise over £1,000 for GOSH
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of St Albans Living Advent have exceeded their £1,000 fundraising goal thanks to a Christmas carolling tour of their four roads.
Claire Toms and Abby Orchard served up mince pies and mulled wine to friends and neighbours on Ladysmith Road, Kimberley Road, Folly Avenue and Cannon Street on Wednesday night in a bid to boost their collection for Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Donations had been coming in throughout the month, but the special event helped the group top their £1,000 target.
You may also want to watch:
Claire said: “Wednesday night was so successful. We are counting up but it’s over £270 raised in an hour! We will bust our aim of £1,000 and have doubled last year’s total.”
- 1 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 7 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 10 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
The windows - one for each day of advent - will be up until January and anyone who would like to donate can do so via this link: www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/stalbanslivingadvent.