Living Advent organisers raise over £1,000 for GOSH
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of St Albans Living Advent have exceeded their £1,000 fundraising goal thanks to a Christmas carolling tour of their four roads.
Claire Toms and Abby Orchard served up mince pies and mulled wine to friends and neighbours on Ladysmith Road, Kimberley Road, Folly Avenue and Cannon Street on Wednesday night in a bid to boost their collection for Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Donations had been coming in throughout the month, but the special event helped the group top their £1,000 target.
You may also want to watch:
Claire said: “Wednesday night was so successful. We are counting up but it’s over £270 raised in an hour! We will bust our aim of £1,000 and have doubled last year’s total.”
- 1 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 4 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 5 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 6 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 9 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 10 St Albans GP publishes guide to living
The windows - one for each day of advent - will be up until January and anyone who would like to donate can do so via this link: www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/stalbanslivingadvent.