Launch event for new Harpenden House Hotel development this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Local people are invited to attend the launch of the new Welcombe House collection in Harpenden this Saturday.
The residential development is being built on the site of the former Harpenden House Hotel on Southdown Road and will comprise a total of 37 homes.
Fairview New Homes is converting the Grade II listed former hotel – originally known as the Welcombe building – into five two and three bedroom apartments.
Two collections of new homes will be built next to the main house; to the side will be Welcombe Gardens, a range of 13 houses with private gardens, while Welcombe Mews, a collection of 19 new apartments, will be behind the listed building conversion.
Welcombe Gardens residents are set to start moving in from this autumn, the first apartments within Welcombe Mews will be occupied by the end of the year and Welcombe House occupants will be settling in from spring 2019.
You may also want to watch:
Jeremy Gee, Main Board Director for Fairview, said: “This remarkable setting – with its stunning listed building and location opposite Harpenden Common – called for a development which was both distinct and elegant.
“Our team worked tirelessly to carefully craft our designs for the Welcombe House collection, in order to ensure that we created a development which was befitting of its surroundings.
- 1 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 2 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 3 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 4 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 5 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 6 Harpenden and Radlett rail passengers able to use barcode readers at stations
- 7 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 8 More records and impressive runs for St Albans Striders
- 9 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
“The Welcombe building itself is an impressive historic structure which has evolved over the past few centuries. It is now in need of careful restoration and conversion, and our plans will give this important building a new lease of life, while continuing to respect its considerable heritage.”
Jeremy added: “I’d encourage anyone who is interested in the scheme – whether they are thinking of moving home, or if they are simply curious to find out what is being built – to come along to our launch event, where our team will be on hand and more than happy to answer any questions and explain our plans in full.”
The launch event will take place on Saturday 23 June from 11am to 4pm at the Bennet’s Club, Leyton Road, Harpenden.
To register to receive updates on the Welcombe House collection, or for more information, call 0208 023 5056 or visit www.fairview.co.uk/welcombe-house/