Launch event for new Harpenden House Hotel development this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Local people are invited to attend the launch of the new Welcombe House collection in Harpenden this Saturday.
The residential development is being built on the site of the former Harpenden House Hotel on Southdown Road and will comprise a total of 37 homes.
Fairview New Homes is converting the Grade II listed former hotel – originally known as the Welcombe building – into five two and three bedroom apartments.
Two collections of new homes will be built next to the main house; to the side will be Welcombe Gardens, a range of 13 houses with private gardens, while Welcombe Mews, a collection of 19 new apartments, will be behind the listed building conversion.
Welcombe Gardens residents are set to start moving in from this autumn, the first apartments within Welcombe Mews will be occupied by the end of the year and Welcombe House occupants will be settling in from spring 2019.
You may also want to watch:
Jeremy Gee, Main Board Director for Fairview, said: “This remarkable setting – with its stunning listed building and location opposite Harpenden Common – called for a development which was both distinct and elegant.
“Our team worked tirelessly to carefully craft our designs for the Welcombe House collection, in order to ensure that we created a development which was befitting of its surroundings.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 7 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
“The Welcombe building itself is an impressive historic structure which has evolved over the past few centuries. It is now in need of careful restoration and conversion, and our plans will give this important building a new lease of life, while continuing to respect its considerable heritage.”
Jeremy added: “I’d encourage anyone who is interested in the scheme – whether they are thinking of moving home, or if they are simply curious to find out what is being built – to come along to our launch event, where our team will be on hand and more than happy to answer any questions and explain our plans in full.”
The launch event will take place on Saturday 23 June from 11am to 4pm at the Bennet’s Club, Leyton Road, Harpenden.
To register to receive updates on the Welcombe House collection, or for more information, call 0208 023 5056 or visit www.fairview.co.uk/welcombe-house/