Lap of luxury: St Albans ‘dog sofa’ company on tonight’s edition of The Apprentice
- Credit: Archant
Everyone loves to inject a touch of luxury into their home. But normally its for the human residents. Not at Scott’s of London, the St Albans based supplier of bespoke pet sofas - “offering our best friends a warm, secure and hugely comfortable place to relax & sleep.” And who better to champion pampered pooches than Lord Sugar himself?
So far, the new season of The Apprentice has seen the hopeful candidates market shampoo, shovel manure and dash around Calais looking for antique mirrors. But in tonight’s episode it’s all about man’s best friend.
Episode four sees the teams descend on the London Pet Show. Their challenge will see them utilise their best sales techniques to sell both high & low ticket items to the show’s visitors.
And at the high-end of the spectrum are the dog sofas made by Scott’s.
The company’s inspiration came from the habitual traits of their own pet pooches. Something most dog owners can relate to is their animals’ preference to snuggling up on a sofa, rather than their own beds. So the owners of Scott’s decided to buy them their dogs their very own sofa.
You may also want to watch:
But after weeks of fruitless hunting for the right product they decided they had a business model instead - and so began making them themselves.
It’s a wonder they haven’t been on The Apprentice themselves!
- 1 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 4 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 5 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 6 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 9 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 10 St Albans GP publishes guide to living
Using traditional designs inspired by the National Trust & English Heritage as a basis, as well as more contemporary fabrics reflecting the designs of today’s modern British homes, the ranges are beautifully handcrafted and built to last using the same high quality materials & techniques used to make bespoke furniture for clients around the world.
Designs come in a range of saliva-friendly fabrics and can be made to specifically match the decor in the rest of your home. There are even options for cats too, and accessories to compliment them.
Check them out tonight by tuning into the show and watching as the candidates trip over wayward dog leads to try and win the challenge and avoid the wrath of Lord Sugar.
The Apprentice airs tonight on BBC ONE at 9PM.