Lap of luxury: St Albans ‘dog sofa’ company on tonight’s edition of The Apprentice
- Credit: Archant
Everyone loves to inject a touch of luxury into their home. But normally its for the human residents. Not at Scott’s of London, the St Albans based supplier of bespoke pet sofas - “offering our best friends a warm, secure and hugely comfortable place to relax & sleep.” And who better to champion pampered pooches than Lord Sugar himself?
So far, the new season of The Apprentice has seen the hopeful candidates market shampoo, shovel manure and dash around Calais looking for antique mirrors. But in tonight’s episode it’s all about man’s best friend.
Episode four sees the teams descend on the London Pet Show. Their challenge will see them utilise their best sales techniques to sell both high & low ticket items to the show’s visitors.
And at the high-end of the spectrum are the dog sofas made by Scott’s.
The company’s inspiration came from the habitual traits of their own pet pooches. Something most dog owners can relate to is their animals’ preference to snuggling up on a sofa, rather than their own beds. So the owners of Scott’s decided to buy them their dogs their very own sofa.
You may also want to watch:
But after weeks of fruitless hunting for the right product they decided they had a business model instead - and so began making them themselves.
It’s a wonder they haven’t been on The Apprentice themselves!
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 7 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 10 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
Using traditional designs inspired by the National Trust & English Heritage as a basis, as well as more contemporary fabrics reflecting the designs of today’s modern British homes, the ranges are beautifully handcrafted and built to last using the same high quality materials & techniques used to make bespoke furniture for clients around the world.
Designs come in a range of saliva-friendly fabrics and can be made to specifically match the decor in the rest of your home. There are even options for cats too, and accessories to compliment them.
Check them out tonight by tuning into the show and watching as the candidates trip over wayward dog leads to try and win the challenge and avoid the wrath of Lord Sugar.
The Apprentice airs tonight on BBC ONE at 9PM.