Knees-up in Knebworth as retirees celebrate development’s first anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Homeowners at a retirement community toasted their first year in residence with a drink and a dance.
Residents at McCarthy & Stone’s Constance Place development in Knebworth put their glad rags on to mark the special occasion in style.
A Frank Sinatra tribute act helped get them moving, as they enjoyed champagne, wine, cheesecake and canapés in the company of family, friends and staff.
Virginia Garvin, house manager at Constance Place, said: “All the homeowners had an amazing night celebrating the first year anniversary. They partied until late, singing and dancing the night away. Everyone had a fantastic evening, it was a lot of fun.”
She added: “The homeowners here are a very sociable bunch, they’re all great friends, it’s like they’ve known each other forever rather than a matter of months.
You may also want to watch:
“The atmosphere at Constance Place is lovely, everyone looks out for each other. From coffee mornings to evening trips out, and from exercise classes to our weekly Knit and Natter group, there’s always something going on.
“The homeowners all knock on each other’s doors to see if they’re okay and if they’re coming along. They make my job easy, it’s a pleasure to work for them and I do it gladly.”
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Footballers rally round with food drive amid pandemic
- 5 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 7 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 8 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 9 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 10 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
There is just one two-bedroom apartment now remaining a Constance Place, priced at £399,950. Situated in the picturesque village of Knebworth, the award-winning retirement living development comprises of a mix of one and two bedroom age-exclusive apartments.
For further information, call 0800 201 4811 or visit www.mccarthyandstone.co.uk.