Knees-up in Knebworth as retirees celebrate development’s first anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Homeowners at a retirement community toasted their first year in residence with a drink and a dance.
Residents at McCarthy & Stone’s Constance Place development in Knebworth put their glad rags on to mark the special occasion in style.
A Frank Sinatra tribute act helped get them moving, as they enjoyed champagne, wine, cheesecake and canapés in the company of family, friends and staff.
Virginia Garvin, house manager at Constance Place, said: “All the homeowners had an amazing night celebrating the first year anniversary. They partied until late, singing and dancing the night away. Everyone had a fantastic evening, it was a lot of fun.”
She added: “The homeowners here are a very sociable bunch, they’re all great friends, it’s like they’ve known each other forever rather than a matter of months.
You may also want to watch:
“The atmosphere at Constance Place is lovely, everyone looks out for each other. From coffee mornings to evening trips out, and from exercise classes to our weekly Knit and Natter group, there’s always something going on.
“The homeowners all knock on each other’s doors to see if they’re okay and if they’re coming along. They make my job easy, it’s a pleasure to work for them and I do it gladly.”
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 5 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 6 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 7 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
- 8 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 9 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
There is just one two-bedroom apartment now remaining a Constance Place, priced at £399,950. Situated in the picturesque village of Knebworth, the award-winning retirement living development comprises of a mix of one and two bedroom age-exclusive apartments.
For further information, call 0800 201 4811 or visit www.mccarthyandstone.co.uk.