Kitchen retailer set to replace Bathstore in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
The St Albans premises recently vacated by Bathstore is set to reopen as a kitchen showroom.
Schmidt has taken over the 3,000 sq ft unit on Victoria Street, which closed after the Bathstore chain went bust in June.
The kitchen retailer has branches throughout the south east, and has been looking to establish itself in St Albans for many years.
Mark Bunting of Aitchison Raffety, who negotiated the transaction, said: "We are delighted to welcome Schmidt to St Albans; this has avoided a vacant unit in the town and secured ongoing income for our client.
"We are aware that they have been looking for over a year and know them well as I bought my new kitchen from there - we wish them all the best."
This is just one of many retail changes set to take place in St Albans in the near future.
Leaders estate agents will soon be relocating from London Road to Brook Street's former office on Market Place. The recruiter left during the summer, following their consolidation into their existing premises in Watford.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 4 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 7 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 8 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
- 10 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
Also, an independent bookshop is set to occupy the unit vacated by Wesley Barrell on Holywell Hill, which has been empty since the furniture retailer went into administration in the spring.
Aitchison Raffety managed both of these lettings on behalf of private landlords.