Inside the new show home at St Albans’ most talked-about development, Gabriel Square
- Credit: Archant
A new, more family-friendly show home has been unveiled at the Gabriel Square development on London Road – and we’ve already taken a tour.
Designed internally by Conran + Partners, the three/four bed townhouse with integral garage is arranged over five floors.
It includes a Poggenpohl kitchen, Control 4 smart home technology, a bedroom with Cathedral views and a roof terrace overlooking the famous garden square.
It has a guide price of £1.3m (including furniture), while prices elsewhere in the development are from £450,000 for the last remaining one-bed apartment.
The award-winning scheme consists of 52 three and four-bed townhouses and 28 one, two and three-bed apartments and duplexes. 15 of the properties are already occupied and around 40 are still for sale.
Steve Walker of selling agent Collinson Hall says: “The people who’ve already bought and moved in to the square have got the units they’ve really wanted, the pay off is they’ve just got to put up with a bit of this [work] going on until it’s finished.”
You may also want to watch:
Steve adds that there has been no ‘typical’ buyer so far, with homes being sold mostly to a mix of locals and Londoners, some of whom have been downsizing while others moved to Gabriel Square in search of more space.
Work on the garden square has been delayed by the recent bad weather, but it’s expected to be completed by early May.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Youngsters star in Watford win much to delight of St Albans City boss Ian Allinson
- 9 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
It will include a decking area and spaces for the residents to sit out, as well as a state-of-the-art lighting scheme.
Steve says: “When you come through at night it’s going to look stunning with all the uplighters.
“It’s very exciting to see it all coming together at last. I’ve worked on this scheme now for years and just to see that detail coming together in the middle is extraordinary.”