Inside the new show home at St Albans’ most talked-about development, Gabriel Square
- Credit: Archant
A new, more family-friendly show home has been unveiled at the Gabriel Square development on London Road – and we’ve already taken a tour.
Designed internally by Conran + Partners, the three/four bed townhouse with integral garage is arranged over five floors.
It includes a Poggenpohl kitchen, Control 4 smart home technology, a bedroom with Cathedral views and a roof terrace overlooking the famous garden square.
It has a guide price of £1.3m (including furniture), while prices elsewhere in the development are from £450,000 for the last remaining one-bed apartment.
The award-winning scheme consists of 52 three and four-bed townhouses and 28 one, two and three-bed apartments and duplexes. 15 of the properties are already occupied and around 40 are still for sale.
Steve Walker of selling agent Collinson Hall says: “The people who’ve already bought and moved in to the square have got the units they’ve really wanted, the pay off is they’ve just got to put up with a bit of this [work] going on until it’s finished.”
You may also want to watch:
Steve adds that there has been no ‘typical’ buyer so far, with homes being sold mostly to a mix of locals and Londoners, some of whom have been downsizing while others moved to Gabriel Square in search of more space.
Work on the garden square has been delayed by the recent bad weather, but it’s expected to be completed by early May.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 8 At last! St Albans is back in business as shops re-open
- 9 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building
It will include a decking area and spaces for the residents to sit out, as well as a state-of-the-art lighting scheme.
Steve says: “When you come through at night it’s going to look stunning with all the uplighters.
“It’s very exciting to see it all coming together at last. I’ve worked on this scheme now for years and just to see that detail coming together in the middle is extraordinary.”