Inside one of St Albans’ newest developments
- Credit: Archant
We took an exclusive tour of 55 Victoria Street, the new development of 14 residential apartments above a commercial space in central St Albans.
Located just a few minutes from both the town centre and the City station, it will be completed and ready for buyers to move in by the end of March.
Eight of the flats have so far been sold – five to buy-to-let investors and three to first-time buyers, two of whom used the government’s Help to Buy shared ownership scheme.
The six remaining properties range from a one-bed priced at £325,000 through to a two-bed at £515,000.
The ground floor of the building houses a self-contained office suite measuring approximately 2,500 sq ft which comes complete with four parking spaces.
Marketed by Lambert Smith Hampton’s St Albans office and Perry Holt & Co, on behalf of Nicholas King Homes, it is available on either a lease or freehold basis.
Our tour is of a one-bed flat with study, priced at £390,000.
- 1 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 2 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 4 Medals, fast times and great performances for St Albans swimmers at championships
- 5 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 6 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 7 Cash stolen from parked car on Harpenden Road in St Albans
- 8 Animal antics during a night's adventure at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 10 FULL RESULTS: Lib Dem landslide in St Albans council elections
Liam Howley of Bradford & Howley, who are marketing the six remaining flats, says that they are likely to be sold to the same mix of first-time buyers and investors.
He said: “More and more people are latching on to the Help to Buy scheme and I think you will see some more first-time buyers coming in - and investors are always hovering trying to find something in such a good location.”