Inside one of St Albans’ newest developments
- Credit: Archant
We took an exclusive tour of 55 Victoria Street, the new development of 14 residential apartments above a commercial space in central St Albans.
Located just a few minutes from both the town centre and the City station, it will be completed and ready for buyers to move in by the end of March.
Eight of the flats have so far been sold – five to buy-to-let investors and three to first-time buyers, two of whom used the government’s Help to Buy shared ownership scheme.
The six remaining properties range from a one-bed priced at £325,000 through to a two-bed at £515,000.
The ground floor of the building houses a self-contained office suite measuring approximately 2,500 sq ft which comes complete with four parking spaces.
You may also want to watch:
Marketed by Lambert Smith Hampton’s St Albans office and Perry Holt & Co, on behalf of Nicholas King Homes, it is available on either a lease or freehold basis.
Our tour is of a one-bed flat with study, priced at £390,000.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
Liam Howley of Bradford & Howley, who are marketing the six remaining flats, says that they are likely to be sold to the same mix of first-time buyers and investors.
He said: “More and more people are latching on to the Help to Buy scheme and I think you will see some more first-time buyers coming in - and investors are always hovering trying to find something in such a good location.”