Inside one of St Albans’ newest developments
- Credit: Archant
We took an exclusive tour of 55 Victoria Street, the new development of 14 residential apartments above a commercial space in central St Albans.
Located just a few minutes from both the town centre and the City station, it will be completed and ready for buyers to move in by the end of March.
Eight of the flats have so far been sold – five to buy-to-let investors and three to first-time buyers, two of whom used the government’s Help to Buy shared ownership scheme.
The six remaining properties range from a one-bed priced at £325,000 through to a two-bed at £515,000.
The ground floor of the building houses a self-contained office suite measuring approximately 2,500 sq ft which comes complete with four parking spaces.
You may also want to watch:
Marketed by Lambert Smith Hampton’s St Albans office and Perry Holt & Co, on behalf of Nicholas King Homes, it is available on either a lease or freehold basis.
Our tour is of a one-bed flat with study, priced at £390,000.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
Liam Howley of Bradford & Howley, who are marketing the six remaining flats, says that they are likely to be sold to the same mix of first-time buyers and investors.
He said: “More and more people are latching on to the Help to Buy scheme and I think you will see some more first-time buyers coming in - and investors are always hovering trying to find something in such a good location.”