If property in St Albans was a type of car, what would it be?
- Credit: Archant
HouseSimple.com has looked at the cheapest properties currently for sale in 30 of the biggest towns and cities across the UK, and found the equivalent priced car.
Unbelievably, you can still buy a property in the UK for the price of a Ford Fiesta and a house for the price of a VW Golf GTI.
HouseSimple.com has taken the homes at the lower end of the price spectrum, currently for sale in 30 of the largest areas the UK, and calculated the type of car that mirrors it.
Alex Gosling, CEO, of HouseSimple.com, comments: “It may be a little flamboyant and probably a little reckless to spend your entire property budget on a Lamborghini, even if it would look great on the driveway. But this research does prove there are bargains to be found on the property market, even with average house prices at almost record levels – it just requires a little research and probably a lick of paint!”
Despite UK house prices hitting these levels, it’s still possible to find a bargain on the property market. This study has found some of the cheapest properties currently for sale in the UK, that are literally the price of a new car.
You may also want to watch:
In London, the cheapest property will set you back the cost of an Aston Martin, with a one bed flat in Tilbury on the market for £99,995. If you chose instead to throw caution to the wind and buy an Aston Martin Roadster, these retail at around £101,344. In contrast, in Liverpool you could pick up a one bed flat (£20,000) for the price of a Skoda (£19,640).
What about St Albans? Taking a Studio in Wheat Close, Herts, this will cost £169,950; the historic city is therefore the equivalent, in terms of the property market, as picking up a Bentley Bentayga (£160,000)
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 5 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 6 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 7 Footballers rally round with food drive amid pandemic
- 8 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 9 Raise a glass to the local brewers facing up to the challenges of lockdown
- 10 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
Similar in its historic setting, bargains are a little thin on the ground in the university city of Oxford, where the cheapest property currently for sale is a one bed flat, on the market for £130,000, the same price as an Audi R8 (£119,500 - £137,500).
Closer to Herts, in Cambridge the cheapest property currently for sale is (£160,000) which would cost you as much as the stylish Ferrari California (£154,000 - £176,000).