If property in St Albans was a type of car, what would it be?
- Credit: Archant
HouseSimple.com has looked at the cheapest properties currently for sale in 30 of the biggest towns and cities across the UK, and found the equivalent priced car.
Unbelievably, you can still buy a property in the UK for the price of a Ford Fiesta and a house for the price of a VW Golf GTI.
HouseSimple.com has taken the homes at the lower end of the price spectrum, currently for sale in 30 of the largest areas the UK, and calculated the type of car that mirrors it.
Alex Gosling, CEO, of HouseSimple.com, comments: “It may be a little flamboyant and probably a little reckless to spend your entire property budget on a Lamborghini, even if it would look great on the driveway. But this research does prove there are bargains to be found on the property market, even with average house prices at almost record levels – it just requires a little research and probably a lick of paint!”
Despite UK house prices hitting these levels, it’s still possible to find a bargain on the property market. This study has found some of the cheapest properties currently for sale in the UK, that are literally the price of a new car.
You may also want to watch:
In London, the cheapest property will set you back the cost of an Aston Martin, with a one bed flat in Tilbury on the market for £99,995. If you chose instead to throw caution to the wind and buy an Aston Martin Roadster, these retail at around £101,344. In contrast, in Liverpool you could pick up a one bed flat (£20,000) for the price of a Skoda (£19,640).
What about St Albans? Taking a Studio in Wheat Close, Herts, this will cost £169,950; the historic city is therefore the equivalent, in terms of the property market, as picking up a Bentley Bentayga (£160,000)
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
Similar in its historic setting, bargains are a little thin on the ground in the university city of Oxford, where the cheapest property currently for sale is a one bed flat, on the market for £130,000, the same price as an Audi R8 (£119,500 - £137,500).
Closer to Herts, in Cambridge the cheapest property currently for sale is (£160,000) which would cost you as much as the stylish Ferrari California (£154,000 - £176,000).