“I once saw an internal shot of a lounge with two policemen…interviewing a suspect!” Tim Leighton, of Northwood St Albans, tells all...
- Credit: Archant
The director and owner of Northwood, St Albans answers our Q&A.
What’s different about your agency?
We focus our business on developing long-term working relationships with our clients, not just the short-term. The Directors are very hands-on and the whole team works extremely hard to deliver consistently high levels of service. We are proud to work in such a great city!
Where do you live, with whom and why did you choose your current property?
I live locally with my wife and one year old daughter. Proximity to the station is key for my wife and a family-oriented environment, as well as good schools, are essential for my little girl.
You may also want to watch:
If you weren’t an estate agent, what would you be?
A rock star of course, however the lack of musical talent has generally held me back!
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 5 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 6 Footballers rally round with food drive amid pandemic
- 7 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 8 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
I bought my first place in 2003 managing to scrape enough together to get a small one bed apartment…with a balcony. I thought I’d arrived! Fortunately things have now moved on…
What’s the most surprising thing you’ve encountered in this profession?
It always surprises me when agents are careless when taking marketing shots for a property. A classic one is an agent taking a shot of the front of a house with a competitor’s branded car clearly visible! Also, I once saw an internal shot of a lounge with two policemen…interviewing a suspect!
If you could have a holiday home, where would it be?
Without doubt in the Alps. Both my wife and I are keen skiers. However, we have agreed that our daughter learns to walk before she can ski!