“I once saw an internal shot of a lounge with two policemen…interviewing a suspect!” Tim Leighton, of Northwood St Albans, tells all...
- Credit: Archant
The director and owner of Northwood, St Albans answers our Q&A.
What’s different about your agency?
We focus our business on developing long-term working relationships with our clients, not just the short-term. The Directors are very hands-on and the whole team works extremely hard to deliver consistently high levels of service. We are proud to work in such a great city!
Where do you live, with whom and why did you choose your current property?
I live locally with my wife and one year old daughter. Proximity to the station is key for my wife and a family-oriented environment, as well as good schools, are essential for my little girl.
You may also want to watch:
If you weren’t an estate agent, what would you be?
A rock star of course, however the lack of musical talent has generally held me back!
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
I bought my first place in 2003 managing to scrape enough together to get a small one bed apartment…with a balcony. I thought I’d arrived! Fortunately things have now moved on…
What’s the most surprising thing you’ve encountered in this profession?
It always surprises me when agents are careless when taking marketing shots for a property. A classic one is an agent taking a shot of the front of a house with a competitor’s branded car clearly visible! Also, I once saw an internal shot of a lounge with two policemen…interviewing a suspect!
If you could have a holiday home, where would it be?
Without doubt in the Alps. Both my wife and I are keen skiers. However, we have agreed that our daughter learns to walk before she can ski!