“I once saw an internal shot of a lounge with two policemen…interviewing a suspect!” Tim Leighton, of Northwood St Albans, tells all...
- Credit: Archant
The director and owner of Northwood, St Albans answers our Q&A.
What’s different about your agency?
We focus our business on developing long-term working relationships with our clients, not just the short-term. The Directors are very hands-on and the whole team works extremely hard to deliver consistently high levels of service. We are proud to work in such a great city!
Where do you live, with whom and why did you choose your current property?
I live locally with my wife and one year old daughter. Proximity to the station is key for my wife and a family-oriented environment, as well as good schools, are essential for my little girl.
You may also want to watch:
If you weren’t an estate agent, what would you be?
A rock star of course, however the lack of musical talent has generally held me back!
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 5 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 6 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 7 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 8 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
- 9 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building
When did you buy your first property and what was it like?
I bought my first place in 2003 managing to scrape enough together to get a small one bed apartment…with a balcony. I thought I’d arrived! Fortunately things have now moved on…
What’s the most surprising thing you’ve encountered in this profession?
It always surprises me when agents are careless when taking marketing shots for a property. A classic one is an agent taking a shot of the front of a house with a competitor’s branded car clearly visible! Also, I once saw an internal shot of a lounge with two policemen…interviewing a suspect!
If you could have a holiday home, where would it be?
Without doubt in the Alps. Both my wife and I are keen skiers. However, we have agreed that our daughter learns to walk before she can ski!