Home of the Week: Watsons Walk, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
This contemporary and cleverly designed house is set within a converted 1920s factory building.
The unique home combines original commercial aspects, such as exposed metal beams and vaulted ceilings, with carefully blended architectural detailing.
As well as well thought out storage solutions, the property also benefits from fitted solar panels, making it very economical and environmentally friendly.
The striking open-plan sitting/dining area is overlooked by the galleried landing and provides views out onto the secluded patio area through French doors.
The adjoining kitchen opens onto the main living space through a large serving hatch, while the bathroom is also located on the ground floor.
You may also want to watch:
On the first floor, the two bedrooms continue the vaulted ceiling feature, with the master bedroom benefitting from fitted storage and curtained glazing overlooking the sitting area.
- 1 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 2 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 3 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 4 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 5 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 6 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 Fantastic Mr Fox rescued from balcony with help of RSPCA
- 9 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Giant glass wings installed at St Albans Cathedral to offer 'Solace' in loss
Watsons Walk, St Albans
Guide price £575,000
Strutt & Parker | 01727 840285 | www.struttandparker.com