Home of the Week: Warden Road, Ickwell
- Credit: Archant
Dating back to 1650, this truly unique and charming Grade II listed thatched cottage is bursting with traditional character and charm, with open countryside to the front and rear.
Situated on a large mature plot with ample off road parking, it has a south facing rear garden and detached double garage and workshop, offering annexe potential, STP.
Located in one of Bedfordshire’s most sought after villages, Ickwell is just over two miles from the A1 and under four miles from its neighbouring town of Biggleswade, offering direct and easy access into London via train.
On the ground floor a lovely entrance hallway with cloakroom and utility room welcome you. Three reception rooms, each unique and individual, continue to offer a feeling of history, two with open fireplaces, authentic ironwork and exposed brick chimney breasts and the third with views over the rear garden.
A beautifully finished bespoke solid wood kitchen completes the ground floor and is complimented by a Rayburn cooker with an exposed brick surround.
You may also want to watch:
The left wing is home to the master bedroom serving an en-suite three piece bathroom, with freestanding roll top bath and countryside views.
Watch your head as you climb the right wing staircase, benefiting from yet more character with a quaint walk-in dressing room and a further second double bedroom.
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 3 Police seek cyclist after city centre assault
- 4 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 5 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 6 How many candidates are standing for county council?
- 7 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 8 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 9 Swimming's coming home for Harpenden as club return to refurbished base
- 10 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
Outside is a detached garden room, perfect to unwind and enjoy peaceful surroundings on a summers evening, with dual aspect glass windows overlooking the rear garden and fields beyond.
There is also an intercom system connecting the main house, garage and shed for added convenience. A large gravelled driveway provides ample off road parking, ideal for entertaining.
Warden Road, Ickwell
Satchells | 01767 313256 | www.satchells.com