Home of the Week: Warden Road, Ickwell
- Credit: Archant
Dating back to 1650, this truly unique and charming Grade II listed thatched cottage is bursting with traditional character and charm, with open countryside to the front and rear.
Situated on a large mature plot with ample off road parking, it has a south facing rear garden and detached double garage and workshop, offering annexe potential, STP.
Located in one of Bedfordshire’s most sought after villages, Ickwell is just over two miles from the A1 and under four miles from its neighbouring town of Biggleswade, offering direct and easy access into London via train.
On the ground floor a lovely entrance hallway with cloakroom and utility room welcome you. Three reception rooms, each unique and individual, continue to offer a feeling of history, two with open fireplaces, authentic ironwork and exposed brick chimney breasts and the third with views over the rear garden.
A beautifully finished bespoke solid wood kitchen completes the ground floor and is complimented by a Rayburn cooker with an exposed brick surround.
You may also want to watch:
The left wing is home to the master bedroom serving an en-suite three piece bathroom, with freestanding roll top bath and countryside views.
Watch your head as you climb the right wing staircase, benefiting from yet more character with a quaint walk-in dressing room and a further second double bedroom.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 10 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
Outside is a detached garden room, perfect to unwind and enjoy peaceful surroundings on a summers evening, with dual aspect glass windows overlooking the rear garden and fields beyond.
There is also an intercom system connecting the main house, garage and shed for added convenience. A large gravelled driveway provides ample off road parking, ideal for entertaining.
Warden Road, Ickwell
Satchells | 01767 313256 | www.satchells.com