Home of the Week: Tanglewood, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Located in one of St Albans premier roads, in the heart of Marshalswick is this handsome and imposing family home. This attractive 1930s property has been extended in recent years, with the added benefit of a large basement area used as a home cinema/games room.
Tanglewood, St Albans
Guide price £2,999,950
Tanglewood occupies a superb south facing plot, in arguably St Albans most sought after residential area. Whilst the house offers excellent accommodation, there is a tremendous amount of potential for further extension and improvement, subject to planning permission and is on a plot of 0.734 acres.
Tanglewood offers versatile, individually designed family living over three levels. The living accommodation centres on a sumptuous beamed lounge with beautiful fireplace and a majestic bay window overlooking the sweeping lawned gardens.
You may also want to watch:
A substantial study and dining hall also lie off the lounge: exposed brickwork and timbers proliferate – whilst the main reception hall leads through to the heart of the house - a beautifully equipped kitchen / breakfast room. The feature fireplace provides a focal point for family living. For practicality a laundry-utility room lies adjacent.
Upstairs the master bedroom with stunning valuted ceiling and exposed timbers has its own dressing room and an en suite bathroom. Bedrooms three, four and five have en suite or adjacent facilities and all lie off the main landing. Exposed timbers and brickwork abound. The Guest Suite - with its own en suite bathroom - lies at the far end of this symmetrically balanced, lavishly proportioned house.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 5 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
Outside, the property has a large driveway and triple garage complex with extensive parking arrangements. The south facing, private plot consists of sweeping, well tended lawns and mature trees. A large sun terrace runs across the whole of the rear of the main house.