Home of the Week: Tanglewood, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Located in one of St Albans premier roads, in the heart of Marshalswick is this handsome and imposing family home. This attractive 1930s property has been extended in recent years, with the added benefit of a large basement area used as a home cinema/games room.
Tanglewood, St Albans
Guide price £2,999,950
Tanglewood occupies a superb south facing plot, in arguably St Albans most sought after residential area. Whilst the house offers excellent accommodation, there is a tremendous amount of potential for further extension and improvement, subject to planning permission and is on a plot of 0.734 acres.
Tanglewood offers versatile, individually designed family living over three levels. The living accommodation centres on a sumptuous beamed lounge with beautiful fireplace and a majestic bay window overlooking the sweeping lawned gardens.
You may also want to watch:
A substantial study and dining hall also lie off the lounge: exposed brickwork and timbers proliferate – whilst the main reception hall leads through to the heart of the house - a beautifully equipped kitchen / breakfast room. The feature fireplace provides a focal point for family living. For practicality a laundry-utility room lies adjacent.
Upstairs the master bedroom with stunning valuted ceiling and exposed timbers has its own dressing room and an en suite bathroom. Bedrooms three, four and five have en suite or adjacent facilities and all lie off the main landing. Exposed timbers and brickwork abound. The Guest Suite - with its own en suite bathroom - lies at the far end of this symmetrically balanced, lavishly proportioned house.
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 3 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 10 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
Outside, the property has a large driveway and triple garage complex with extensive parking arrangements. The south facing, private plot consists of sweeping, well tended lawns and mature trees. A large sun terrace runs across the whole of the rear of the main house.