Home of the Week: School Lane, Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
This charming five-bed cottage is available for sale with a guide price of £975,000.
The character home dates back to the 16th century, and is conveniently located around 1.5 miles from Welwyn North station and three miles from Welwyn Garden City.
Little Manor Cottage is tucked away just off the High Street of the thriving village of Welwyn, which offers a good selection of pubs, restaurants, supermarkets and a village surgery.
Originally three cottages converted and extended into an attractive family home, it offers a wealth of character and period features including exposed beams, a fireplace including an original bread oven in the reception hallway and vaulted ceilings to some rooms.
The ground floor has four reception rooms, together with a modern and well fitted kitchen, family bathroom and WC/utility room.
You may also want to watch:
Three staircases lead to the first floor accommodation which comprises five bedrooms (one currently used as an office), two bathrooms and plenty of built-in storage to some bedrooms and the landing.
French doors from the garden room lead into a pretty cottage garden with a seating area, pergola and raised flower beds.
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 3 Police seek cyclist after city centre assault
- 4 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 5 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 6 How many candidates are standing for county council?
- 7 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 8 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 9 Swimming's coming home for Harpenden as club return to refurbished base
- 10 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
To the rear is a courtyard garden with pond and waterfall, from which a gate leads directly to Hobbs Hill.
School Lane, Welwyn
Guide price £975,000
Strutt & Parker | 01582 764343 | www.struttandparker.com