Home of the Week: School Lane, Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
This charming five-bed cottage is available for sale with a guide price of £975,000.
The character home dates back to the 16th century, and is conveniently located around 1.5 miles from Welwyn North station and three miles from Welwyn Garden City.
Little Manor Cottage is tucked away just off the High Street of the thriving village of Welwyn, which offers a good selection of pubs, restaurants, supermarkets and a village surgery.
Originally three cottages converted and extended into an attractive family home, it offers a wealth of character and period features including exposed beams, a fireplace including an original bread oven in the reception hallway and vaulted ceilings to some rooms.
The ground floor has four reception rooms, together with a modern and well fitted kitchen, family bathroom and WC/utility room.
You may also want to watch:
Three staircases lead to the first floor accommodation which comprises five bedrooms (one currently used as an office), two bathrooms and plenty of built-in storage to some bedrooms and the landing.
French doors from the garden room lead into a pretty cottage garden with a seating area, pergola and raised flower beds.
- 1 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 2 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 3 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 4 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 5 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 6 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 7 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 8 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 9 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 10 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
To the rear is a courtyard garden with pond and waterfall, from which a gate leads directly to Hobbs Hill.
School Lane, Welwyn
Guide price £975,000
Strutt & Parker | 01582 764343 | www.struttandparker.com