Home of the Week - Real character in a superb location with immaculate décor throughout, located in a picturesque St Albans street
- Credit: Archant
A 2 double bedroom character cottage in the conservation area with a guide price of £579,950.
Only a short walk to the City Centre and the main train station with its 20 mins links to London St Pancras, this beautiful home comprises a good sized hallway, 2 double bedrooms, bathroom, reception/dining room, kitchen and very attractive southwest facing rear garden.
The property is entered through a partially glazed front door into the hallway - it is a superb feature, attractive and welcoming. There is natural wood flooring throughout and the walls have very stylish wood panelling. The area opens up into the reception room and the first floor is accessed via a curved wooden staircase with fitted carpet.
The lounge and dining areas are beautifully presented and arranged as a through room. The lounge looks out towards the front of the property and the dining area looks out over the rear garden. The walls are decorated with fitted shelves and storage cupboards integrated within. An additional feature is the gas log fire with its very appealing ‘pewter’-look surround. The dining area provides an attractive eating environment close to the kitchen. A southwest facing sash window allows an abundance of cascading light throughout the day.
This exceptional home has the benefit of a well-equipped fitted kitchen with both colour and style complementing the dining room. Wooden worktops feature along with high and low level cupboards, a one and a half bowl sink and drainer. Appliances include a Siemens gas hob with AEG electric fan oven, a Whirlpool integrated fridge/freezer, AEG Lavamat Turbo washer/dryer and a Whirlpool dish washer.
You may also want to watch:
The first floor comprises an attractive landing area, bathroom and 2 double bedrooms, the master having fitted wardrobes.
Even in such a central location, there is still the lifestyle benefit of a picturesque rear garden providing an abundance of light and sunshine throughout the day to sunset. A terrace is at the back of the house, there’s a middle area of imitation grass with an attractive arch and a lower paved area providing a perfect location for dining al fresco, space enough for a large table to sit 8 or so guests around.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
Northwood St Albans | 01727 734550 | www.northwooduk.com