Home of the Week: Real character and a fantastic location between St Albans and Redbourn
- Credit: Archant
You’ll never guess what this property used to be...
The Punch Bowl, St Albans | Guide Price £1,395,000
The Punch Bowl is a newly refurbished 5 bedroom detached house, which has retained the character of the Inn that it formally was. Its been rennovated fantastically over 4 floors to provide a stunning living space in a rural setting.
The light and airy kitchen/breakfast room opens on to a generous garden, ideal for the family and - in the spirit of the property’s origins - for entertaining. The kitchen includes a range of fitted units, a central island and bi-fold doors, which open up to the large decking area.
There are uninterrupted views across farmland, a cinema room/recreation room (which is secluded on a basement level) and the remainder of the house provides excellent living space. The restoration has been executed to a high standard with a very well appointed kitchen and beautiful bathrooms.
You may also want to watch:
The Punch Bowl spreads over approximately 3,100 square feet. It’s location is conviniently close to St Albans city centre, the mainline train station (to St Pancras in 18 minutes) and sought after schools are close by. The house offers convenient access to both the M1 and M25 motorways, as well as Redbourn and Harpenden.
This spectacular property boasts a gated entrance, leading to a large driveway (with space for at least 3 cars) and intertwines the building’s original features carefully throughout.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 8 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
JW&Co Langleys, St Albans | Tom Smith or Adam Golder | 01727 844 444 | jwandco.co.uk