Home of the Week: Packwood, Harpenden Road, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
This new detached home, built in the style of an arts and crafts manor house, is for sale with a guide price of £2,650,000.
Forming part of an exclusive development of just three houses, Packwood is located in the heart of St Albans, close to renowned schooling.
Recently completed by local developer, Edwin Homes, it offers a total of 441 sq m of internal space.
The ground floor includes a drawing room, a study and a media room, fully wired and ready for a media/cinema system to be installed.
To the rear, there is a magnificent open plan living space, which incorporates a sitting room, orangery and kitchen.
You may also want to watch:
The entire hall and living space is floored with marble allowing for a continuous flow throughout, and all sections of the living space offer access to the terrace and gardens to the rear.
The avant-garde kitchen has a stunning curved Ceaserstone worktop and seating area, with a side prep kitchen leading to the utility room and laundry.
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award
- 4 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 5 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 6 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 7 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire town of Bishop's Stortford
- 9 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
A bespoke staircase sweeps to the first floor landing, with vaulted ceilings and exposed timbers in many rooms.
The master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom and dressing room, while four of the further five bedrooms also have en-suite bathrooms.
Packwood has been designed with technology in mind, and benefits from audio visual wiring and underfloor heating in every room, plus an intelligent lighting system which allows for pre-programmed lighting moods to be set.
Many functions of the house can also be controlled and accessed remotely including the lighting, heating, security cameras (if installed), and electronic gates.
Set 130ft back from the road, and screened by mature trees, Packwood is approached via remote controlled wrought iron gates over a gravel driveway offering parking for numerous cars.
The rear garden is mainly laid to lawn, while the large sun terrace is laid with Atlantic stone punctuated by Snowdonia slate shingle. The gardens extend to approximately a third of an acre.
To the front of the house there is a detached barn-style double garage, fitted with power and light.