Home of the Week: Northaw Place, Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
A Grade II listed 5 bedroom Georgian style country residence situated in a unique gated private 20 acre estate...
Northaw Place is in the beautiful rural village of Northaw.
An outstanding Grade II listed 5 bedroom Georgian style country residence situated in a unique gated private 20 acre estate. The house offers excellent entertaining space with versatile accommodation, set in just under 0.5 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens.
An exquisite period home dating back to around 1850 which is situated off Coopers Lane, once through the electric security gates the drive to the property is beautiful with the picturesque parklands that surround these discreet homes.
Upon entering the property the elegant sweeping staircase is a wonderful feature along with the high ceiling and traditional flooring.
You may also want to watch:
The reception room is perfect for informal entertaining and relaxing, and the drawing room has a superb regal feel. The Orangery is an exceptional feature that is used as the dining room mainly because it overlooks the manicured garden.
The bedrooms are well proportioned with the master benefitting a dressing room and en suite. Bedroom two is ideal for a housekeeper with a kitchenette and bathroom or for the live-in nanny.
- 1 Battle of St Albans appears on new Wars of the Roses stamp
- 2 University student digs World War One trench in St Albans garden for film project close to his heart
- 3 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 4 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 5 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 6 Harpenden and Radlett rail passengers able to use barcode readers at stations
- 7 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 8 More records and impressive runs for St Albans Striders
- 9 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
The garden being about half an acre has been thoughtfully designed with a generous patio, lawn, mature shrubs and trees. With the apple trees producing good quality juice which can be pressed nearby.
Northaw looks as if it’s out in the depths of the countryside thanks to the setting that has been created for this little oasis. Yet, it’s so accessible for London, with overground transport from Potters Bar station (2 miles) offering excellent links into Moorgate, London Kings Cross and Finsbury Park, with Cuffley overground (2.9 miles) providing access into Liverpool Street station.
Several highly regarded schools including Queenswood, Stormont and Lochinver House are close by.
There is a popular gastro pub in the village and plenty of walking and horse riding opportunities in the Great Wood and surrounding countryside.
PROPERTY DETAILS: Northaw Place, Coopers Lane, Northaw / Guide Price £2,000,000 / Savills | 020 8447 4400 | savills.com