Home of the Week: Meadow Barn, Shendish
- Credit: Archant
There has been a manor at Shendish since the 13th century when the wealthy de Chenduit family were granted land in the area, building a manor on the site in around 1300.
Over the centuries, the property has passed down through a number of different owners and, during the Great War, was utilised by the British Army as a camp. By the 1930s, the property had become a sports and social club and today, it is a luxury hotel set in 160 acres of parkland (including an 18 hole golf course).
It is within this highly desirable, semi-rural and surprisingly accessible location that Meadow Barn can be found.
This impressive barn conversion offers great charm and character, ranging from cathedral doors to exposed beams; in conjunction with versatile and spacious accommodation of about 2,378 sq ft.
The 19th century mill town of Apsley, situated between Kings Langley and Hemel Hempstead, is half a mile away, providing a selection of shops, pubs, restaurants and a main line service to London Euston.
You may also want to watch:
Sue Trybus of Savills, who is handling the sale of Meadow Barn, said: “This is a rare opportunity for a purchaser to buy into a slice of idyllic country life. Meadow Barn would suit a wide demographic of purchaser including those needing to commute, downsize or looking for a country retreat.”
Master bedroom suite, two further bedrooms, family bathroom, reception room with mezzanine, sitting room, snug/study, utility room, double garage, gardens.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 9 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building
Offers in excess of £985,000
Savills 01923 725500