Home of the Week: Meadow Barn, Shendish
- Credit: Archant
There has been a manor at Shendish since the 13th century when the wealthy de Chenduit family were granted land in the area, building a manor on the site in around 1300.
Over the centuries, the property has passed down through a number of different owners and, during the Great War, was utilised by the British Army as a camp. By the 1930s, the property had become a sports and social club and today, it is a luxury hotel set in 160 acres of parkland (including an 18 hole golf course).
It is within this highly desirable, semi-rural and surprisingly accessible location that Meadow Barn can be found.
This impressive barn conversion offers great charm and character, ranging from cathedral doors to exposed beams; in conjunction with versatile and spacious accommodation of about 2,378 sq ft.
The 19th century mill town of Apsley, situated between Kings Langley and Hemel Hempstead, is half a mile away, providing a selection of shops, pubs, restaurants and a main line service to London Euston.
Sue Trybus of Savills, who is handling the sale of Meadow Barn, said: “This is a rare opportunity for a purchaser to buy into a slice of idyllic country life. Meadow Barn would suit a wide demographic of purchaser including those needing to commute, downsize or looking for a country retreat.”
Master bedroom suite, two further bedrooms, family bathroom, reception room with mezzanine, sitting room, snug/study, utility room, double garage, gardens.
- 1 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 2 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 5 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans Striders shine at Summer Solstice 10k
- 8 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 9 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 10 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
Offers in excess of £985,000
Savills 01923 725500