Home of the Week: Ladygrove, Childwickbury, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
This vast home is set in 45-acres of land, and is available for sale with a guide price of £4,650,000.
The 5/6-bed property includes equestrian facilities, and is ideally located between St Albans and Harpenden.
Named after the nearby ancient woodland, Ladygrove was once the gamekeeper’s cottage to the Childwickbury Estate.
Today, Ladygrove is a wonderful country house, which offers bright and spacious accommodation and is superbly presented throughout.
The house includes a drawing room, sitting room, family room, reading hall, study, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, cloakroom, master bedroom with en suite bathroom and dressing area, four further bedrooms, a sixth bedroom or second study and two family bathrooms.
You may also want to watch:
A separate two-storey building houses a garage, gymnasium, first floor sitting area and art studio.
The vast grounds include both formal and informal gardens, with a landscaped fruit and vegetable kitchen garden, and a significant area of beautiful and established woodland.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 6 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
There’s also a brick-built stable block with three loose boxes and a tack room with WC, feed store, all-weather manége and over 5.5 acres of paddock land.
Guide price: £4,650,000