Home of the Week: Ladygrove, Childwickbury, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
This vast home is set in 45-acres of land, and is available for sale with a guide price of £4,650,000.
The 5/6-bed property includes equestrian facilities, and is ideally located between St Albans and Harpenden.
Named after the nearby ancient woodland, Ladygrove was once the gamekeeper’s cottage to the Childwickbury Estate.
Today, Ladygrove is a wonderful country house, which offers bright and spacious accommodation and is superbly presented throughout.
The house includes a drawing room, sitting room, family room, reading hall, study, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, cloakroom, master bedroom with en suite bathroom and dressing area, four further bedrooms, a sixth bedroom or second study and two family bathrooms.
You may also want to watch:
A separate two-storey building houses a garage, gymnasium, first floor sitting area and art studio.
The vast grounds include both formal and informal gardens, with a landscaped fruit and vegetable kitchen garden, and a significant area of beautiful and established woodland.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 10 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
There’s also a brick-built stable block with three loose boxes and a tack room with WC, feed store, all-weather manége and over 5.5 acres of paddock land.
Guide price: £4,650,000