Home of the Week: Ladygrove, Childwickbury, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
This vast home is set in 45-acres of land, and is available for sale with a guide price of £4,650,000.
The 5/6-bed property includes equestrian facilities, and is ideally located between St Albans and Harpenden.
Named after the nearby ancient woodland, Ladygrove was once the gamekeeper’s cottage to the Childwickbury Estate.
Today, Ladygrove is a wonderful country house, which offers bright and spacious accommodation and is superbly presented throughout.
The house includes a drawing room, sitting room, family room, reading hall, study, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, cloakroom, master bedroom with en suite bathroom and dressing area, four further bedrooms, a sixth bedroom or second study and two family bathrooms.
You may also want to watch:
A separate two-storey building houses a garage, gymnasium, first floor sitting area and art studio.
The vast grounds include both formal and informal gardens, with a landscaped fruit and vegetable kitchen garden, and a significant area of beautiful and established woodland.
- 1 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 4 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 5 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 6 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 7 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 St Albans GP publishes guide to living
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
There’s also a brick-built stable block with three loose boxes and a tack room with WC, feed store, all-weather manége and over 5.5 acres of paddock land.
Guide price: £4,650,000