Home of the Week: Ladygrove, Childwickbury, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
This vast home is set in 45-acres of land, and is available for sale with a guide price of £4,650,000.
The 5/6-bed property includes equestrian facilities, and is ideally located between St Albans and Harpenden.
Named after the nearby ancient woodland, Ladygrove was once the gamekeeper’s cottage to the Childwickbury Estate.
Today, Ladygrove is a wonderful country house, which offers bright and spacious accommodation and is superbly presented throughout.
The house includes a drawing room, sitting room, family room, reading hall, study, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, cloakroom, master bedroom with en suite bathroom and dressing area, four further bedrooms, a sixth bedroom or second study and two family bathrooms.
You may also want to watch:
A separate two-storey building houses a garage, gymnasium, first floor sitting area and art studio.
The vast grounds include both formal and informal gardens, with a landscaped fruit and vegetable kitchen garden, and a significant area of beautiful and established woodland.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 4 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 5 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 6 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 7 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 8 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 9 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 10 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
There’s also a brick-built stable block with three loose boxes and a tack room with WC, feed store, all-weather manége and over 5.5 acres of paddock land.
Guide price: £4,650,000