Home of the Week: Ladygrove, Childwickbury, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
This vast home is set in 45-acres of land, and is available for sale with a guide price of £4,650,000.
The 5/6-bed property includes equestrian facilities, and is ideally located between St Albans and Harpenden.
Named after the nearby ancient woodland, Ladygrove was once the gamekeeper’s cottage to the Childwickbury Estate.
Today, Ladygrove is a wonderful country house, which offers bright and spacious accommodation and is superbly presented throughout.
The house includes a drawing room, sitting room, family room, reading hall, study, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, cloakroom, master bedroom with en suite bathroom and dressing area, four further bedrooms, a sixth bedroom or second study and two family bathrooms.
A separate two-storey building houses a garage, gymnasium, first floor sitting area and art studio.
The vast grounds include both formal and informal gardens, with a landscaped fruit and vegetable kitchen garden, and a significant area of beautiful and established woodland.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 8 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 9 St Albans SustFest events aim to boost local nature
- 10 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
There’s also a brick-built stable block with three loose boxes and a tack room with WC, feed store, all-weather manége and over 5.5 acres of paddock land.
Guide price: £4,650,000