Home of the week: Fishpool Street, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Supplied this week by Collinson Hall, this beautifully extended and refurbished character Victorian cottage is situated in one of St Albans’ most picturesque locations right in the heart of the old conservation area.
Close to the Abbey, Verulamium Park and St Michael’s Village the house is also conveniently located within very easy reach of both the Thameslink and Abbey Flyer Stations, the city centre and well-regarded local schools.
Arranged over four floors, there is a formal sitting room, an open plan kitchen/dining room, three double bedrooms, a bathroom, shower room, cloakroom and a useful lower ground floor room; with a window to the front and comfortable head height it offers a degree of versatility with scope for use as either a third reception room, home office or occasional fourth bedroom.
This charming property has been sympathetically updated throughout to combine many attractive period features with well-considered contemporary interior design to create a light and spacious home with every home comfort.
Of particular note is the extended kitchen/dining room that opens on to the garden via wide French doors. It sits beneath a vaulted ceiling with skylights and a beam salvaged from a building attached to Kingsbury Barn and thought to date back to 1374. The kitchen is fitted with a range of shaker style cabinets with integrated appliances: fridge, freezer, dishwasher, freestanding duel fuel double range cooker and a double Belfast sink with waste disposal unit. Task lighting, feature pendant lighting and wood effect tiled flooring complete the picture.
You may also want to watch:
As well as undergoing extensive refurbishment to include an extension, dormer window to bedroom 3, a new kitchen and bathrooms, new electrical system, new plumbing/combi boiler, new roof, refurbished sash windows and a repointed lime mortar to the front elevation, the house has also been re-plastered, re-decorated, includes Farrow & Ball feature wallpaper in the sitting room and bedroom one, and had a combination of new carpets and hard flooring fitted alongside stripped original floorboards.
Original feature fireplaces are in situ in several of the rooms with gas fired central heating to radiators, while underfloor heating has also been added in the kitchen/dining room and the room to the lower ground floor, where there is also a cloakroom and plumbing for a washing machine.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to
Outside, the property benefits from a landscaped back garden with feature planting and some of the prettiest views in St Albans.
Fishpool Street, St. Albans | 3 bedroom house | £700,000 guide price
CONTACT THE AGENT
Collinson Hall | 01727 843222 | collinsonhall.co.uk