Home of the Week: Beaumont House, Heronsgate
- Credit: Archant
An imposing Victorian 7-bedroom house of great charm and character offering over 4000sqft of accommodation. The rooms include a reception hall, drawing room, dining room, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, and 3 bathrooms/shower rooms (2 en suite). There is a 120ft gravel driveway, and a 240ft rear garden with a fine south-westerly aspect and a large garden shed.
Savills | 01582 465000 | savills.co.uk
Beaumont House is situated at the end of a half mile long cul?de?sac on the highly sought after Heronsgate estate. There are fine views over open countryside from both the front and the rear of the house, yet Chorleywood Station (Metropolitan and Chiltern Lines), Chorleywood village centre shops and the M25 at Junction 17 are all within easy reach. There is an excellent choice of both state and private schools in the area as well.
Beaumont House is being offered for sale for only the fifth time since it was built in 1880 as a country house for a Mr A Hawkins. Between 1905 and 1969 it was used as a boys’ preparatory school. In 1972 it was divided into two separate properties.
You may also want to watch:
The present owners bought the property in 2010 and have since carried out an extensive programme of improvements and re?decoration.
Today Beaumont House is an outstanding and much loved family home offering extensive accommodation of great charm and character.
- 1 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 5 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
Retaining many original accents the house has many attractive features including: - Original sash windows to many rooms, with particularly low window sills to the ground floor giving fine views to the garden.
- High ceilings and ornate cornice.
- A recently refitted kitchen/breakfast room with new aga, granite work surfaces, a large pantry and folding doors offering a view outside.
- A delightful double aspect drawing room with two feature fireplaces.
- The feature master bedroom suite with southerly aspect and en suite bath/shower room.
- 6 further bedrooms (two with a shared en suite shower rooms).
- A further family bath/shower room.
The house sits in just under ¾ of an acre, with its sweeping gravel driveway providing ample parking. To the front is a deep lawn with established shrubs, including Rhododendrons and several large mature fir trees. There is also a useful garden store. To the side is a paved area leading to the rear garden and south west facing patio. This opens to a large expanse of lawn with several plants, shrubs and trees.