Home of the Week: Bannits’ House, Chalfont Lane, Chorleywood
- Credit: Archant
A marvellously traditional Edwardian family home brought into the 21st century in a highly sought after location. This unique house has distant views over the countryside whilst being close to the village, Chiltern & Metropolitan station and motorway network.
Bannits’ House, Chalfont Lane, Chorleywood
Price on application, Freehold
Savills Rickmansworth | 01923 725500 | savills.co.uk
Bannits’ House and Cottage is an elegant Edwardian home, of great style and character, extended and modernised. The property has a well designed layout to create a comfortable family lifestyle as well as lending itself to formal and informal entertaining. Bannits’ House was built in 1908. The house has had few owners since, with the current owners in residence for 37 years.
The large reception hall with marble flooring leads you into the superb orangery that perfectly forms a link to all the south facing reception rooms across the rear of the property. To the front of the house are two cloakrooms, one for ladies and one for gentleman (doubling as a fitted wine store), a coat storage room, a compact study, a utility room and corridor through to the triple garage. The fully panelled drawing room/library has been designed and built by Roger Board & Son with magnificent carving incorporating a fireplace and bar area. Double doors open to the rear terrace and to the orangery. The sitting room has been used as a music and card room over the years. The elegant dining room features a Roger Board feature fireplace and a full width bespoke display cabinet to hold china, glass and cutlery. The kitchen/breakfast/family room (over 50’ long) is an outstanding feature of the property. The vast bespoke Cotteswood kitchen has a fine range of fitted cupboards and drawers with granite and wood work surfaces. The Aga is gas. Most of the appliances are Miele including wine cooler and combi-oven. The built-in fridge/freezer is Amana. The kitchen opens into a large family area also fitted by Cotteswood and leads to a fully fitted boot room.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 4 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 5 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 6 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 7 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 8 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 9 St Albans leisure centre launches self-defence classes for girls as young as 12
- 10 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
The stunning master bedroom suite is fitted with bespoke dressing rooms for him and for her by Strachan and en suite bathroom with Villeroy & Boch Jacuzzi style bath and separate shower/steam cubicle. A balcony from the bedroom offers a lovely private sitting area facing south. There are two further bedroom/bathroom suites on this floor also.
On the landing is a shower room. The landing leads to a large fourth bedroom with terrific views containing a fun area in the eaves (sleeping or playing!) This room then leads to the fifth bedroom with a dressing area and en suite bathroom.