Home of the Week: Ayot Chase, Bibbs Hall Lane, offers a peaceful location surrounded by paddocks and woodland
- Credit: Archant
Built in the 1980s and comprehensively refurbished over the past two years, the house is finished with a cream pargetted render and a clay tile roof.
Ayot Chase, Bibbs Hall Lane, Ayot St Lawrence
With a separate three bedroom Cottage in the grounds, Ayot Chase is a substantial house offering a peaceful location surrounded by paddocks and woodland.
Particular features are the 11m sitting room and the three storey galleried dining room with doors out on to a first floor balcony.
You may also want to watch:
The huge light filled kitchen provides a wonderful space for cooking and entertaining, with french doors opening out onto the gardens. Gas and electric Lacanche cookers are installed in both the main house and cottage, and a four oven calor Aga is in main house too. The exceptional master bedroom and bathroom offer beautiful views over the surrounding fields.
Outside is a charming three bedroom cottage built in 2014 to the highest standards. It has two large bedrooms with en suite bathrooms and an additional ground floor bedroom and bathroom. There is an imposing driveway and parking area with four brick built secure garages.
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 3 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 4 Blocked drain at St Albans junction still not cleared months after it was first reported
- 5 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Future of St Albans Half Marathon secured as 2021 date set
- 8 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 9 District's weekly COVID-19 figures fall for first time since third national lockdown introduced
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
The main house is south facing onto lawns featuring a selection of mature trees. The paddocks and orchard available by separate negotiation.
Ayot St. Lawrence is one of the most sought after Hertfordshire villages, within easy commuting distance of London. The village is noted for its listed Greek revival and medieval churches, the popular Brocket Arms Public House and Shaw’s Corner; the former residence of George Bernard Shaw and now a National Trust property.
The village offers wonderful walks and bridleways and an active village community life; annual Art Show, the Ayots Horticultural Show, beer festivals, outdoor plays at Shaws Corner and many concerts and events at the Palladian Church. Henry VIII courted Catherine Parr here.
The nearby villages of Old Welwyn and Wheathampstead offer excellent public houses, restaurants and an array of shops including Tesco Express. Harpenden (6 miles), Welwyn Garden City (7 miles) and St Albans (8 miles) offer comprehensive facilities.
The area is extremely well served by excellent state and independent schools, including the Haberdashers Askes Schools, St Albans School, St Albans High School for Girls, Queenswood and Haileybury. Bus services to these schools operate locally.
Hamptons | 01727 400 223 | hamptons.co.uk