Fridays in August are the peak time for Herts homeowners to move house
- Credit: Getty Images
Hertfordshire homeowners are more likely to move house on a Friday in August than at any other time of year.
According to a new survey from Compare My Move (www.comparemymove.com), Friday is the most popular moving day throughout both the East of England and Britain as a whole, and August is also the most popular month.
Compare My Move found that 30 per cent of all British moves took place on a Friday, followed by Saturday (18 per cent) and Monday (13 per cent). Sunday was the least popular day, chosen by just 5 per cent of people.
The comparison site analysed nearly 65,000 house moves to reach its conclusions, stating that August’s popularity may be down to families wishing to settle their children ahead of the next school year, while making the most of the more dependable weather.
Compare My Move founder Dave Sayce said: “With one day off work netting you three days to get settled in with the help of the weekend, it’s clear why Friday is such a favourite.
You may also want to watch:
“If you want to nab a Friday move at a decent rate, make sure you book at least three months ahead of time, and always compare removal quotes.”
Movers looking to save money are advised to opt for a Sunday or a Tuesday to secure the best rates.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant
Dave added: “The potential for off-peak discounts by removal companies wanting to fill their working week on these days make bucking the trend worth it.
“Whenever you choose to move, remember to always compare multiple removal companies, always be prepared to negotiate, and always expect a free house survey for a watertight quote.”