Fridays in August are the peak time for Herts homeowners to move house
- Credit: Getty Images
Hertfordshire homeowners are more likely to move house on a Friday in August than at any other time of year.
According to a new survey from Compare My Move (www.comparemymove.com), Friday is the most popular moving day throughout both the East of England and Britain as a whole, and August is also the most popular month.
Compare My Move found that 30 per cent of all British moves took place on a Friday, followed by Saturday (18 per cent) and Monday (13 per cent). Sunday was the least popular day, chosen by just 5 per cent of people.
The comparison site analysed nearly 65,000 house moves to reach its conclusions, stating that August’s popularity may be down to families wishing to settle their children ahead of the next school year, while making the most of the more dependable weather.
Compare My Move founder Dave Sayce said: “With one day off work netting you three days to get settled in with the help of the weekend, it’s clear why Friday is such a favourite.
You may also want to watch:
“If you want to nab a Friday move at a decent rate, make sure you book at least three months ahead of time, and always compare removal quotes.”
Movers looking to save money are advised to opt for a Sunday or a Tuesday to secure the best rates.
- 1 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 2 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 3 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 6 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 7 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 8 Mumpreneurs launch reusable colouring sheets to protect environment
- 9 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 10 9 baby and toddler groups for St Albans and Harpenden
Dave added: “The potential for off-peak discounts by removal companies wanting to fill their working week on these days make bucking the trend worth it.
“Whenever you choose to move, remember to always compare multiple removal companies, always be prepared to negotiate, and always expect a free house survey for a watertight quote.”