Herts estate agency donates thousands of pounds to charity
- Credit: Archant
A local estate agency chain has donated more than £10,000 to charity following a month-long online contest.
As part of their Life's Great Causes campaign, Ashtons - who have offices in St Albans, Harpenden, Welwyn Garden City and Redbourn - invited people to vote for their favoured charity in an online poll.
More than 11,500 votes were cast for 20 good causes, with Teens Unite Fighting Cancer winning the £5,000 prize.
Rennie Grove Hospice Care took the second prize of £3,000, while mental health charity JOCA was in third place with £2,000.
An additional donation of £500 went to the winner of a separate prize draw, chosen from a pool of people who helped generate awareness for the campaign by displaying a dedicated board. The lucky charity recipient here was Orphans Know More.
You may also want to watch:
Roxanne Lawrance, CEO of Teens Unite Fighting Cancer said: "We are so grateful for the huge amount of support we received during the vote.
"We officially became a teenager last week so it was the perfect birthday present.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 6 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
"The £5,000 will directly fund our two Mother's Day Afternoon Teas which will mean our teens and their mums can enjoy quality time together, having fun and reconnecting.
"Thank you to everyone who voted and to Ashtons for this fantastic opportunity."
If you would like to support Ashtons' next campaign, please email email@example.com.