Herts estate agency donates thousands of pounds to charity
- Credit: Archant
A local estate agency chain has donated more than £10,000 to charity following a month-long online contest.
As part of their Life's Great Causes campaign, Ashtons - who have offices in St Albans, Harpenden, Welwyn Garden City and Redbourn - invited people to vote for their favoured charity in an online poll.
More than 11,500 votes were cast for 20 good causes, with Teens Unite Fighting Cancer winning the £5,000 prize.
Rennie Grove Hospice Care took the second prize of £3,000, while mental health charity JOCA was in third place with £2,000.
An additional donation of £500 went to the winner of a separate prize draw, chosen from a pool of people who helped generate awareness for the campaign by displaying a dedicated board. The lucky charity recipient here was Orphans Know More.
You may also want to watch:
Roxanne Lawrance, CEO of Teens Unite Fighting Cancer said: "We are so grateful for the huge amount of support we received during the vote.
"We officially became a teenager last week so it was the perfect birthday present.
- 1 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 2 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 5 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 6 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 9 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 10 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
"The £5,000 will directly fund our two Mother's Day Afternoon Teas which will mean our teens and their mums can enjoy quality time together, having fun and reconnecting.
"Thank you to everyone who voted and to Ashtons for this fantastic opportunity."
If you would like to support Ashtons' next campaign, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.