Herts estate agency donates thousands of pounds to charity
- Credit: Archant
A local estate agency chain has donated more than £10,000 to charity following a month-long online contest.
As part of their Life's Great Causes campaign, Ashtons - who have offices in St Albans, Harpenden, Welwyn Garden City and Redbourn - invited people to vote for their favoured charity in an online poll.
More than 11,500 votes were cast for 20 good causes, with Teens Unite Fighting Cancer winning the £5,000 prize.
Rennie Grove Hospice Care took the second prize of £3,000, while mental health charity JOCA was in third place with £2,000.
An additional donation of £500 went to the winner of a separate prize draw, chosen from a pool of people who helped generate awareness for the campaign by displaying a dedicated board. The lucky charity recipient here was Orphans Know More.
You may also want to watch:
Roxanne Lawrance, CEO of Teens Unite Fighting Cancer said: "We are so grateful for the huge amount of support we received during the vote.
"We officially became a teenager last week so it was the perfect birthday present.
- 1 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 2 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 3 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 4 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 5 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 6 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 7 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
"The £5,000 will directly fund our two Mother's Day Afternoon Teas which will mean our teens and their mums can enjoy quality time together, having fun and reconnecting.
"Thank you to everyone who voted and to Ashtons for this fantastic opportunity."
If you would like to support Ashtons' next campaign, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.